My Lovely Friends

Friday 8 November 2013

Christmas Is Coming - CAS Style

Hello everyone how are you? Wooo hooo its friday, the weekend is here, we get to spend the weekend with our families..........love it!!!!!!
Ok so on to todays card which I actually made to enter in a challenge............very rare that happens now as I barely have time to look through them. However my fabulously talented blogging buddy Squirrel has a fabby challenge over on Without Words. I've been meaning to enter so many times but then forgot............also it has to be CAS Style...............well CAS doesn't normally like me & it makes my flowers cry & feel abandoned.............
Anyhoo's here is my CAS card.....................
I have to say I really enjoyed making this, so have another flat-ish card to post off to someone ;0) Also have you noticed...........not ONE embellishment...........yeah think we could end up with snow now ;0)

The sentiment is LOTV & I stamped it in Memento 'Nautical Blue'. I cut it out free hand.

I made a frame from navy cardstock from my stash to go around the scene.
The sentiment I shaped before gluing it onto the card, it looked better adding a bit of dimension.

This is the inside & I stamped the Magnolia stamp again, only half of her. I also added a Penny Black sentiment called 'Friends & Family', love this sentiment as this is what christmas is about. Everything is stamped again in 'Nautical Blue'.

The stamp is 'North Pole Tilda' from the new Winter Wonderland collection & I coloured her with copics.
Colours used are..........
E11, E21, E00, E000, R32, R20
E29, E25, E23, E21
B97, B95, B93, B91
C3, C1, C00
N7, N5, N3,  
I also added 'Stardust Stickles' to her hat.
To make the scene I inked the card with 'Faded Jeans' & 'Stormy Sky' distress inks then stamped 'Snowscape' by Penny Black in Adirondack 'Snowcap' ink & heat embossed it with 'Snowflake Tinsel' embossing powder. I also sprayed it with Gold Glimmer Mist, its a shame you cant see the glimmer on it in the pics :0( I also added more 'Snowflake Tinsel' embossing powder to act as snow, I did all that free hand.
The snow I made with card, put it in a cuttlebug folder & added 'Stardust Stickles' along the top egdes of the 2 layers.

Well thats it from me, hope you like my CAS card, for once I'm even pleased with it lol.

I will be round either tonight or tomorrow to see you all as I have Payton staying tonight as usual. I'm off now to finish cooking tea, we are having Beef N Ale.............the smell thats filling my bungalow is gorgeous lol.

Thank you so much for stopping by
Hugs & kisses mmwah
xxxxxxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering.............
Without Words - Getting Ready For Christmas
Simply Magnolia - Anything Goes
Magnolia Mania - Clean & Simple


25 comments:

Teresa said...

Stunning card Vicky, love your colouring it's brilliant! xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous Christmas scene, Vicky! Love the rich blue background scene and the perfectly-colored Tilda! Have a wonderful weekend!

Fabiola said...

superbe Vicky! une magnifique carte très sobre ce qui n'est pas habituel mais très réussi, biz

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Vicky..fabulous colouring on Tilda and love the snowy scene background.

Luv CHRISSYxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Vicky.

gr karin

Dobra said...

Great card. Lovely picture
very nicely painted stamp
She has this presents

Doreen said...

This is just fabulous,gorgeous image and colours.xxx

Irene said...

STUNNING Vicky!!
That background is simply amazing and Tilda beautiful as always!

Have a lovely weekend, xx Irene

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning as always Vicky, hope you have a lovely weekend hun.

Donna x

Elizabeth said...

Knock me over with a feather, sweetie, you are amazing with those makers! Love this gorgeous blue card! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Christina C. said...

Such an impressive card....adore your beautifully colored Tilda and the background is extraordinary...love it!!!! I love flat cards for mailing!! Don't even miss embellishments on this beauty!

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Vicky, sweet Tilda is coloured so beautifully and I LOVE the Winter wonderland you have created for her.
So pleased to see you taking part in the Without Words Challenge this month.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Sandra H said...

This is really beautiful x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Vicky,I like the adorable Tilda and the background
Kevin xx

Momente auf`s Papier gebracht said...

hello vicky,
wow, very beautiful card, thankyou for joining us at the magnolia mania, greetings from sonja

Beth Brovold said...

FABULOUS dear Vicky!!! CAS seems to love you...or you it but then I KNOW that you can conquer any style and make it AMAZING!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Vicky
A gorgeous and beautiful card just love the back ground and image is fabulous and wonderful colour's have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

Even your CAS cards are awesome sweetie and you put oodles of work into it.
Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Shelly said...

Hi Vicky, ohhhh what a lovely festive card... Gorgeous blue! Have a fab family weekend, hugs Shelly x

Anne said...

Gorgeous! Tilda looks fantastic and the scene is so beautiful. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow Vicky, that's so different for you. What a stunning CAS card! I love the scene and your beautifully coloured Tilda. The blue and white is so striking!! The inside is fabulous too. Love, love, love it! You really can do any style, so beautifully. Hugs, Wends x

Elise said...

Hi ya Sweet Vicky!!! Oooh how I've missed your creations .. and I'm so very very sorry that I haven't been by more often! :( But wow oh wow .. I am feasting my eyeballs with your AMAZING creations!!! Wowww! And this card .. sigh .. it's INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS! Your scene, your colouring .. everything .. it's just so beyond STUNNING! Looove your work!

Hope you're all doing very well! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

Mary said...

Wonderful card!! The colours are great, and your colouring is fab!!
Have a nice sunday, liefs Mary

Nicolchen said...

Your creation is simply gorgeous :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Curly said...

Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

Thank you so much for joining us at
Without Words Challenge I Hope you will try to join us again :)
Have a lovely day
Crafty hugs
Bridget :)