My Lovely Friends

Saturday 12 March 2011

CES Challenges DT Card.........

Well good morning all you lovely people, how are you all today? For those out there that are poorly I wish you better real soon......except me & the eldest everyone is poorly here.....
Guess what I finally got to craft yesterday & managed to get my DT card done for CES Challenges today, altho my fabby boss did tell me not to worry but I was having huge withdrawal I've not crafted for a week cus kids have been that poorly. Natalie is a wee bit better not much so it looks like a re-scheduled appointment to the Alan Shearer centre....her health comes first tho bless her.
Anyway its time for CES Challenges today & the lovely Crafty Emma herself has set this weeks challenge which is......Male Cards  We also welcome a new member to our fab DT this week the talented
 Donna aka Donna's Doodles pop over & show her some support as its really nerve racking joining a new team.......even a mad house like ours lol.....believe it is behind the scenes lol.
Well as I've had major withdrawal from crafting I decided to make something a little different you know me & stretching the ode grey matter I get bored otherwise lol....also its not very often I do Male cards I miss my embellies too much & you know I like to embellish lol.
So here is my offering.....

Its a shirt & tie card lol.
I sooooo enjoyed making this & I will def be making more of these & it was so easy as well.

This is the inside & of course I couldn't do without an image.

This is 'Happy New Year Ben' altho I think he can be used for so many things of course you can get him from here Emma has all the new WOJ stamps in mine came days ago so I'm itching to at least ink 1 up & make a card with one.
He has been coloured with my fave pens Copics.
E000 E00 E01 E11 E25 E29 E31 & E50 & R37 for his blowy thing....I think these were the colours as much as I can remember.......

All the papers are stitched.....faux stitching which took me ages to pierce every single hole with my pokey tool then draw up the lines to look like stitches but it was worth it & really helps make it look like authentic I think.

Of course I made a matching box to put it in the only thing different is the shirt on the box lid doesnt have a pocket instead it has a tag which I used my WOJ tag die for. The sentiment is a Cats Life Press Calender stamp which I had for crimbo off Crafty Fabby Emma......I love this sentiment stamp.

Except for the brown & cream A4 card & the buttons everything else is available from
 Crafty Emma's Store here. She has a lot of fabulous stuff in her shop I was there again yesterday shopping.....well whats a girl to do lol..... Papers are Basic Grey 12x12.
Well thats about it please pop on over to my fabby teamies who yet again have made stunning creations....they really are so talented you know.
I would also like to welcome my new followers.....(waving like mad) hi & thank you soooo much for following my blog hugs & kisses to you mmwah.
Well I'm off as I have my eldest son's hair to cut he's waited all week bless him but I've just not had time. I hope to play some more over the weekend but we'll see how my poorly babies are including hubby lol.
Thanks for all your wonderful comments this week regarding Natalie she would of been admitted to hospital but fortunately there is not much we cant handle now our cupboards look like the inside of an hospital anyway with all the stuff we have to do for her lol.....
Thanks for stopping by I loves ya all for sparing some time to pop in.
Challenges I'm Entering.......
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/ - Card or Project for a Male


Hugs & kisses xoxoxoxoxo
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT MY HEART GOES OUT TO EVERYONE IN JAPAN & SURROUNDING AREA'S.......YOU ARE ALL IN MY THOUGHTS & PRAYERS!!!!
This is why I dont let things get me down cus there is always someone worse off, we dont know how good we have it, its just awful whats happened. I just couldn't imagine it!! Makes you thankful tho doesn't it!!


Mr scheduled blogger let me down yet again grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! so sorry this is late

38 comments:

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
this i such a gorgeous men card
thanks for sharing hunni
have a great weekend sweetie
hugs angelique

Anne said...

Such a lovely card, amazing work. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Janette said...

Hi Vicky, wow, stunning, so gorgeous, love how you've done this and with the matching box, it's perfect.....

Feel just the same about Japan, watching on TV is bad enough,it's shocking.xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Fabulously original, and a great idea. Love the colours and the box is a treat :)

Have a great weekend,

hugs

xxalisonxx

angelwhispers said...

A great man card Vicky its ace!!!!

Hope everyone is on the mend and everything is crossed that you don't get it!!!!

Have a great weekend Love Chanelle xxxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Vicky,
Your Man card is just fabulous!!
The colours are great. Not surprised it took you ages to do the faux stitches, they look perfect!
The matching box is lovely :)
I hope your having a nice relaxing day. xx
Love, Mel.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOW this is fantastic girl!!!
In all that is going on in your life you managed to crank this out...man you got mad talent girl...crazy I say!!!
hugs sweet friend

Leanne said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely card for men. It's so difficult to come up with something interesting for this gender lol.
Hope your family members recover soon. I know how stressful it must be with kids & esp your husband ill. Men can be worse than babies at times. Mine is lol

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! This is so dandy hunni. I love it, you are so talented. It would take me all night to make the box alone far less making a super card and the fabulous insert. I do hope Nat and the rest of them are better soon and importantly you do not go down with it as were will they all be!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Emma said...

Thats you in the naughty corner Mrs!!! Being late just isn't good enough!!!Roflmao ;-)
I just love your card...its bloomy fantastic but I think I told you that already.
Hope everyone fells better real soon.
Hugs Emma x

KarinsArtScrap said...

vicky this is great, what a lovely idea and your papers are great for it.
love the tie and your little guy.

greetings karin

Maggie's Crafts said...

That is a stunning creation!!!

Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion @ www.craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com this week!

Maggie
x

Doreen said...

Such a stunning card and whata great idea.I love it.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

wow what a fabulous project - i love the shirt design
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Pami said...

Hi Vicky, wow this is a wonderful male card, really effective, what fun! And I love the matching box as well! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Good luck. Pami x

Vicky said...

Wow Vicky I just LOVE this card hun! such a clever design, fab dp's and matching box ~ just perfect sweetie :o)

Hope Natalie feeling a little better and I so agree with you, we are blessed in the country and my prayers goes out to Japan too,

hugs Vicky xx

Wendi said...

Wow what an absolutely fabulous card the stitching was def worth it looks fantastic
and that tie is gorgeous
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

♥Gemma♥ said...

Awww sweetie..hope everyone is better very soon!!
Your card is fantastic, gorgeous tie and love the way you have done the box the same as the card :o)
hugs and xxx

Heidi said...

This is fantastic Vicky!
Love it:)
Yes it's awful what happened in Japan... Lots of warm thougths to the people and animals there.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Vicky,this is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

DesignerDiva said...

Fab card Vicky I love the colours and the image inside is adorable. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck
Laurie x

Fiona said...

absolutely amazing!! I am stealing this for the next man card I make...hee hee!!

Fi
x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Vicky, what an absolutely amazing card and box - and all made during a week that has involved so much illness in the family. Glad to hear Natalie is a little better and she's so lucky that you can look after her in these bad times at home. Thanks for taking part in Ooh La La Creations Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Guest Designer for March/April for the Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog xxx

lalkygirl said...

stunning creation,i love everything about it,such details,....fab
i hope your family all make a speedy recovery .
thanks for sharing this beautiful make with us at ooh-la-la and good luck in the challeneges
tracey x

coops said...

fantastic male card vicky.love the shirt idea and fabby details as always.hope everyone is feeling better soon :D

xx coops xx

cebelica said...

What a great card! So different from anything I've ever seen. Awesome!

denny said...

hey you clever little tinker love it how smart does that card look wow its fantastico hun xxxxxxxx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
this is bloody awesome i luv the design, very clever hun, sue,x

An Occasional Genius said...

You, embellish....Noooooooo, I don't believe it!! It's a fabby card & don't know why you don't do male more often.

As for Colin..... this girl is too smart for that, she has these special looks she gives me when she knows I'm fobbing her off, I tell you it's like being reprimanded by your mother sometimes!! Bless her, she likes full & accurate answers, a pain sometimes but hoping it will pay dividends when she is saving the world in 20 years time lol!

Hugs lovely & I hope Natalie keeps improving along with the rest of your family xx

Anonymous said...

Great card and box to match.Super colouring on the image.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Lorraine said...

oh wow vicky this is totally awesome i love it and what a great suprise to see this adorable character inside i didn't expect that i do love this card and lots of get well wishes to the family
hugs 2 u
Lorraine xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so fabulous and what a great idea.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

HI hun, this is just fab! Lovin the matching box, just great!!
hugs stokie shell xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

oops forgot!!

Thanks for sharing with us this week at MAWTT, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Meesh said...

Yeah, Yeah... Another fantastic card... LOL!
Love the shirt and tie and what a lovely surprise when it's opened! Grrrr... you make me sick with your fancy ideas! Love the image, coloured to perfection, innit?! Oh and to top it off, you only go and make a stupendously amazing matching box! Bloody brilliant!

Hope you're feeling better soon, spadge. :'( I'm glad to hear Natalie has started to perk up, even a little bit is a step in the right direction :D

HUGE HUGS to all,

Meesh. XXX

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant project Vicky the design of this is superb, a great make card and box I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Boy! When you stretch that grey matter of yours it really works girlfriend!!! This is fabby! Love the card box, love the card - inside and out!!! DEEEE-vine, Vicky! Hugs, Lesley

Dorcas said...

WoW!!!!This is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!