My Lovely Friends

Thursday 24 July 2014

Midweek Magnolia's Challenge DT Card

Hello everyone, yes I'm still here & more importantly YES I did the Race For Life wooooooo hoooooo I will tell you more about that later & will tell you when I draw a winner of the fantastic candy. Yes I know I'm late but will explain why.

I'm also late for Midweek Magnolia's new challenge so I'm gonna push on & tell you all about it. Ok so the theme this week is...........
EASEL CARDS
............I havn't done one for so long so really enjoyed this one, even though its late lol.
PHOTO HEAVY.........these are so hard to photo, so sorry if some are poop :0(
I have used some of my fave papers.......Maja Design, I cant pick between Pion or Maja Design as I love them both although I love that Maja design do pads & are a thicker quality paper. Papers are from LLC & its the 'Vintage Spring 6x6 pad'.

Here it is as an Easel Card, must make more of these.........I got addicted to them when I first started crafting.
I've used 'Shabby Seam Binding', Blue WOC roses, 'Shabby Rose Organza' trim, 'Lace Zahra', Doily & 2 smaller WOC roses all from Live & Love Crafts.

I've also added Magnolia 'Swirl & Leaf' die, Magnolia 'Sprawling Ferns' die, Kaisercraft Sparklets & Kaisercraft Paper Bloom, all from Bunny Zoes.

Ok now to show the bottom part of the easel card. I added the same lace & trim to the bottom & used the smaller of the frame dies to add a sentiment from Stempelglede's 'Just A Note' stamp set. The frame was layed down on foam pads to create a 3D bit to help the top stand up. The pocket at the back also has a sentiment on it from the stempelglede stamp set, saying 'Made With Love'.

Now as I wanted the bottom to have a nice sentiment I wanted to create a part to write your own message. So I made a pocket to house a tag, which is a Magnolia die from Bunny Zoes. Underneath that is a secret area that I created with a slot to hold money, the top is held to it by hinges & stays closed with velcro.
I couldnt find my white velcro spots so had to use the household black velcro & cut it down, still does the job though lol.

The stamp is Magnolia 'Prima Ballerina Tilda' & I think its one of my most favourite Maggie stamps, I absolutely love it!! I also love it coloured with distress markers/inks so I've coloured her with Distress Markers. I've also stamped a postage stamp with another Magnolia stamp.

The 'Daughter' sentiment is from LOTV & its one of their 'Pretty Grungy Relations' sentiment stamps, although I love ALL LOTV sentiment stamps. The edging was of course created by using Martha Stewart ARTP punch set.

Well thats it form me I will be back later with the winner of the fabulous Race For Life candy & I will also tell you how it went & include a couple of pics ;0)
I've been addicted to pinterest these last 2 days as I want to cut my hair off so need style inspiration..........pinterest has all inspiration you could ever need lol.

Thank you so much for stopping by it really means the world to me.
Tatty bye, take care & enjoy your day
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx




18 comments:

Sue said...

Hello Vicky
Well Done on completely the Race for Life, I was thinking of you on Sunday. You really are amazing!
Your card is totally stunning. I love the image and gorgeous papers but it's your attention to detail that just blows me away! Everything works so well together and is perfectly placed. The sentiment is so special and the secret area with the slot for the money is such a clever idea.
Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing how it all went.
hugs Sue xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just shabby chic at its best. Just adore the wonderful surprise on the inside of the easel design.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

KraftyKoolKat said...

So adorable as usual sweetie. Glad you made it to the end in Race for Life.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Beth Brovold said...

Holy smokes Vicky this is GORGEOUS!!! So many fantastic little hiding places...GORGEOUS details and embellishments!! Your Maggie is FABULOUS!! Congratulations on completing your Relay for Life!! We have a similar event here in Canada that is also a very worthy cause...it becomes almost a family affair with a festive atmosphere but the money that is raised is phenomenal!! YAY YOU!!!
Take care,
Beth

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunningly beautiful card Vicky.
Lorraine

Debs said...

Stunning card Vicky do many amazing beautiful details. Glad the race went ok. I too am a Pinterest addict - you can lose hours on there!! xx

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Vicky! I love the colors and gorgeous embellishments! Sweet image and a wonderful design! Huge congrats to you on doing the Race! Looking forward to hearing about it.

Shazza said...

glad you have recovered from the run, well done for taking part. Gorgeous card, I adore those papers
x

Blankina said...

Glad you have finished the race for life..Great card, such pretty details,
Hugs Blankina

Debra K. said...

Stunning card Vicky! So much gorgeousness on it.
Can't wait to hear how you got on in the race and to see those pictures! Debra x

Sandra H said...

Many congratulations Vicky on finishing the race it's something that you'll treasure and hopefully brought in plenty of sponsors ....Your card is just absolutely beautiful Easel cards are my best makes and your is full of lots of beautiful elements and of course a gorgeous tilda so beautifully presented xx

Unknown said...

Hi Vicky, Just as I was getting a bit worried about you, hoping you hadn't done yourself an injury on Sunday! Well done you! Looking forward to seeing your pics later!
Look at this card! It is stunning, so many layers and details, the stitching, the punched borders, the tag and the hidden money gift! Not to mention your colouring, very inspirational. The card sat on my craft desk looks very boring now I've just been looking at yours!!!
Emma xxx

Kat W said...

Hurrah! I knew you could do it and can't wait to hear all about it :-)

Now for the card...wow, what a beauty! I do love easel designs too but the extra secret pocket and tag on this one are just the icing on the cake - soooo clever!
Gorgeous colouring and details too hun.

Big hugs, Kat xx

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! this is stunning Vicky, love all the very scrummy details and of course the amazingly coloured image.

Donna x

Lynsey said...

Hi Vicky, love the design of this card! So pleased your Race for Life went well!
Hugs Lynsey x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! The colour scheme is stunning and I love the creative way you've added a money slot!
Rebecca.

Anonymous said...

I love the little money folder you added, what a fabulous idea, Beautiful card Vicky
Hugs Julie P

Unknown said...

I've also always loved Easel cards because they give you a chance to really splash out on the bellies, hehe. This is phenomenal; beautiful colours, colouring and composition. Love everything about it!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts