My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Deep Ocean Challenge DT Card - Summer Colours

Hello all you lovelies out there, how are you all? Thank you all for your lovely messages, yes it was a long post, but hey its me lol. 

Ok I'm gonna rush on now as this was supposed to be up last night but I was at the hospital & well things didnt go to plan, so I'm only now posting lol. 
Ok so over at Deep Ocean Challenge blog we have a new challenge & this fortnight its....
SUMMER COLOURS
..........oooh we certainly have the weather here in the UK to inspire us. 
I have used one of Krista's recent images.............this could become a favourite I soooooo enjoyed colouring this beautiful lady up........
The image is called 'Fairy Sweet' isn't she gorgeous!!! I have coloured her with distress markers as I wanted a shabby soft look.........not that I need a reason to use my distress markers lol. The wings I printed out agin & layered them up & covered them with glitter. I also added Shabby Pink fran-tage.

All the flowers are from Live & Love Crafts including the Rolled Roses which are by Kort og Godt. I've also added bits of Gesso.

This is the inside, the gorgeous, beautiful papers are digi papers from Michele R Designs on Etsy. On this card I have used 'Shabby Flowers' papers, 'Shabby Flowers' Inserts, 'Shabby Flowers' Elements pack 1 & 'Shabby Flowers' Elements pack 2. The verse I took from Elements pack 2 & added it to an insert, I love the way its turned out & the verse is lush for a friend.
Michele has LOADS of different designs, most I have lol, well she does lush designs that are addictive. I only use digi papers with decent paper which I thought I had ran out of til I found some & then also ordered more lol.

The bow I made is from the Elements pack 1 & these really are so easy to make............if I can make them anyone can lol. The metal flowers is from LLC which I also added Gesso to. The pink doilies are from my stash.

I have stamped 'Made With Love' onto a Magnolia Tag which I also cut down to shorten it. I added 2 different shades of pink seam binding from my stash for the bow. The Bark Heart is form LLC.

The gorgeous crochet lace is from my stash & I really REALLY need to find more as its so so pretty & this is the last except a teeny tiny piece :0( All the paper I have inked the edges with Pumice Stone & machine stitched them as always.

Well I think thats it from me, I better go as I have a summer house to paint before I have to start my medication ready for a test tomorrow at the hospital............I did it the other day, well me & hubster but I dont like the colour so now I'm painting it a darker shade, fingers crossed lol. 
I am at the hospital 8am in the morning & its South Tyneside hospital so its through the Tyne Tunnel & further for us to travel but I will be around during the next day or two to catch up with you all.

Thank you soooooooo much for stopping by I loves you all mmwah.
Lotsa squishy hugs Vicky xxxxxxxxx



15 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Stunning and beautiful card Vicky as away's and all the best at hospital
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Vicky, this is just too beautiful for words. It so wonderfully feminine and your colours amazing.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous Vicky is your card x

Suzi Mac said...

Stunning as always Vicky, fabulous layering, colouring and embellishments.
Hugs Suzi x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous sweetie,everything you do is so pretty.
Good luck at the hospital and I hope the traffic is okay and on your side.
hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun.....:o)

Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful as always Vicky, love the gorgeous image and all the pretty details. Hope all goes well at the hospital hun.

Donna x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful as always Vicky, love the gorgeous image and all the pretty details. Hope all goes well at the hospital hun.

Donna x

Sue said...

Your card is stunning Vicky. I love the image, amazing colouring and full of gorgeous detailing.
I hope you are feeling better soon and good luck with your test at the hospital.
hugs Sue xx

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh wow this is stunning hun your detail is amazing hugs cheryl xxx

Carol S. said...

Stunning card Vicky. Well done for completing the race. Hugs, Carol S.xx

paola said...

Gorgeous work!!! thank you for sharing your process! :)

Debra K. said...

Gorgeous card! Wonderful colouring of the lovely image and, of course, beautifully embellished.
Don't over do it painting the shed. Good Luck with your test at hospital and my fingers are crossed for a good result from it. Sending you a big hug, Debra x

Janine - Ellabella said...

Absolutely stunning!! Sooooo beautifully colored and the design is just beautiful!! Hugs Janine

Unknown said...

Now that's a very pink card, but lovely!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts