My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 20 March 2012

A Thankful Thought & A Free Little Quote To Snag

Hello my lovelies how are you all? The weather up here by the sea is beautiful & sunny altho very windy again & I had to fight with it to peg my washing out lol.
 Do you ever have those moments when you are thankful for all that you have? I have them everytime I look around my home & see all the photo's of my kids & my family. We all go through hard times at some point in our life but its these hard times that give us strength & determination. We learn from them & they make us stronger, they make us appreciate what we have & make us feel thankful.
I am the person today because of what has happened in my life, it has made me stronger, it has made me show more appreciation & to love more. It has made me realise that yes altho I have lost loved ones I am lucky that I had the chance to love them & to be loved from them........nothing can ever take those away.
I am stronger, more independant, more apreciative & love the life I have been given. These I have passed on to my children in which hopefully they will pass onto theirs & the circle of life continues stronger as each generation unfolds.........enjoying life as they see it. 
No-one sees life the same way as someone else but thats what makes us unique, dont live it the way someone thinks you should, or someone tells you you should..........live it for YOU, yes we all make mistakes but those are made so we can learn from them..........at the end of the day you have to believe in yourself!!!
I heard a quote a while back & always remembered it so today I thought I would make it into something you could maybe snag for your blog or anything else you would maybe use it for..........I've done it for a book which I will show you once I've done some, still in the prep stages at the moment lol. Anyway here is the quote.......I absolutely love this saying & totally believe it.
I had someone say to me once that there cant be a God because I wouldn't have a disabled daughter, I say that it was God who gave her to me & Craig because he knew no-one would love her as much as we would & that alone gave my daughter something to fight for. I truly believe things happen for a reason & out of everything bad that happens good also comes from it. It may take you a while to see it & you may have to look real hard but it will be there, deep in the fog that is clouding it. I lost 2 sons but was also given 2 sons & God knew I would love these 2 boys & protect them with all my power, strength & most importantly love!!!!! 
We have lost important people in our family but its made us all more thankful & closer than we were, we know life can change at any given moment so we now value each other & love each other as much as we can for as long as we can.........because no-one knows how long each of us truly have.
After all its better to have loved & lost than to never have loved at all.

Sorry for my deep & meaning thought I know its a craft blog but the thing to blogging & the whole idea behind it are there are NO rules........you put on your blog what is in your heart, what you have created, whether that be cards, thoughts or even another life you have created.

Please feel free to snag my little quote, I'm not sure who would have said this original quote & I cant even remember where I heard it as it was a while ago but its something thats always stayed in my mind.....believe me not a lot does stay up there lol.

Tatty bye my lovelies see you all soon mmwah xoxoxoxo



23 comments:

angelwhispers said...

This is just beautiful Vicky you truly are a special person even if you don't keep much up there you remember the most important things!!!! lol

Being given Natalie was a gift from God alone and as you say who would look after her like you Craig and your family she is just so loved! The person who said that to you obviously had no life of there own or they would know what that love was "Unconditional"

I do feel sorry for people like that but we out number them thankfully!!!

LOve & Hugs Chanelle xxx

Mo said...

Thanks indeed for your wonderful thoughts Vicky !!!
Be blessed,
Mo

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Vicky, I totally agree with you, especially about things happening for a reason - we all go through so much in life, some have more upset and hurt than others but it makes us who we are and affects how we treat our loved ones... And also out of everything bad, there is always some good, somewhere, that is so true... Your book sounds like a wonderful project Vicky...and your post today is very inspirational :) Huge Hugs, Teresa xxx

Loopylou. said...

vicky my lovely this is a beautiful post and I love it.
I have really enjoyed reading it and thank you so much for sharing it with us
huge squooshy snugglies
Lou xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Your warm words go straight to my heart dear Vicky. I feel the same about life, everything happens for a reason, even if you feel dejected or perhaps a bit down, you know that something good will come out of it in the end, you just have to have faith and a very strong belief that it will. I've always thought you to be a very caring and loving person, your post once more proves it. Thanks for your wise words, sending blessings and hugs your way, Ira xox

Unknown said...

so true. love this, mama! thanks for the encouraging and uplifting post!

mwah.xx

LaJanette said...

Amen Sista! This is such a great post. I love when people I admire for their work in crafting share a bit of their life through blogger.

Hugs;
Janette

Janette said...

Am in floods here Vicky, I could not agree more with all you have said, as for someone saying that about your daughter...well, years ago the very same thing happened to my aunty, she told them her son was there as God had chosen them for the job...it's true too......

Love the quote hun, it's perfect.xxx

Rachel Parys said...

Awesome! I too have a child with disabilities, and I have learned not to take any of the easy everyday things for granted! There are a lot of things people miss out on in their hurried lives. It's nice to have broader view of life because of our special kiddos.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

I love your post today :)
you my girl can & should talk bout whatever you want!
thank you for sharing your heart today
much love from me to you & yours

Lotta said...

Hi Vicky! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us all! And you are so right, there is no rule of blogs belonging to crafters. :) Take care sweetie! Hugs Sandra

Christina C. said...

Well said, Vicky!!!!!!!!!!! You are a very loving and caring person and I totally agree with everything you wrote....BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mau xx said...

Bless you vicky, I certainly have snagged it, and believe it all every word of it. Then again I know God doesn't give us anything that we can't cope with, even if we think we can't at the time. Your Princess is good proof of that xxxxx
Our faith is what carries us in this house. xx
Hugs and thanks for sharing from the heart xx Mau

Deb said...

wow, very powerful words hun, love this, well said!
Debxx

Sue B said...

Aww what a beautiful post Vicky!! wonderful words and all so true!!
Thank you for sharing the lovely quote... :-))
Big Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Vicky, l love your quote and have taken it and will use it with pride never a true word spoken...... blogging is for anything not only cards l love what you wrote take care :) xx

Berry said...

This is wonderful Vicky!I totally agree with you sweetie and you have a very positive and thoughtful outlook on life! Hugs Rebekah xx

June Nelson said...

Vicky...................You got me blubbing!!! aw my, this makes you think!!! Of course yo have a special child as you yourself are special, the big man knows who to send these children too, he aint daft hunnie. Your such a spiritual lady, you have made my day if that is the right thing to say, im off to work now to look after people at the end of there life and like you give as much love as possible, one of mysaying is, "There by the grace of God go I" its another too true quote eh? You have a lovely day with your wonderful family. Love you lads my pal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a beautiful post and how true. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Too many people spend their lives moaning about stuff that in the scheme of things doesn't matter. Just be who you are and enjoy life. Hugs Marianne x

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, inspiring post! :) xx

Alina said...

Thank you, Vicky! Hugs, Alina

KraftyKoolKat said...

Thank you for this sweetie. It is true that we should be thankful for what we have and there is a reason why your Princess was given to you and Craig. God knew that you would give her all the love you could muster and she would be the world to you.

Thank you also for the little quote.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

What a lovely Post Vicky, thankyou:) I happened across you by chance, I was obviously meant to!
michelle x