My Lovely Friends

Saturday 29 October 2011

Something different............

Hi all you lovelies how are you all? Thank you so much for all your kind words in messages & e-mails, they have brought tears to my eyes but not in a bad way if you know what I mean....you know & explaining things....I'm rather pants at it arnt I??
Anyway I started crafting last night & its a damn good therapy let me tell ya lol. I'm not showing you yet tho cus I've not took piccies yet. However what I thought I would show is something I altered..........again lol.
I love shabby chic & thats what my bedroom was in so I brought plain lamps & gave them a beating etc lol & the pic below shows you how they looked when they were done..........my bedroom at the time is a very pale green which you can see on the wall behind lol.
Click on photos to see them better..........
Yeah just the base got the beating lol. Now this is taken in the middle of decorating & the new bedroom is more 'French Chic' this time so needed new lamps.............hubster not happy bout that 1 so my designing skills came out again & I turned the above lamp into this..........

I sprayed the base black & then attached wool & some beaded binding. The bow is actually a crimbo tree bow I removed the gold tinsel & wrapped wool around the middle to hold it together (like the tinsel did) & then added a crochet flower I made & a black flower to the centre from my stash.
Black flower is from WOC

This is on my bedside after the room was decorated............
Viola........this is it lit up....... they really do look gorgeous & I'm so pleased with them.

Pic took at night!
They match the bedroom perfectly & at a fraction of the cost. I also painted the bed as it was light oak, there is a mirror to match to go above the bed but I've still not finished it lol.
My furniture is just cheap furniture from Ikea as my son took mine with him........grrrrrrr

This is some of the last bunch of flowers my dad ever brought me, luckily I dried them out & split the bouquet into 2 as it was huge. This lot I decided to spray with matt white spray paint suitable for spraying on flowers. Its not covered perfectly as I did not want it to.
The little boxes are part of a gift all the DT girls got from Kenny K & Elena a few months back.

Well sorry for the long post & lots of photo's lol. Will be round soon to do some hopping Ben & Megan are on their way...........well I havnt seen them since last night lol. I know I'm soft & soppy lol.

See ya all soonies mmwah.
Thankyou so sooooo much for stopping by.
Huge huggles Vicky xxx


28 comments:

Debs M said...

wow gorgeous lamp and i love your bedroom!!!! im so jealous, we are in rented and i miss decorating and making it my own! x

Unknown said...

Hi Vicky, wow hun you are such a clever girl. Look at that gorgeous bedroom wow! An interior decorator would be proud to have achieved this look!! And I love your lamps, the just look brandnew!! Hugs, Frea

Heidi said...

Hello Vicky love your altered lamps they look fabby. hugs heidi xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow hun this is gorgeous. You are one talented lady. Hope you enjoyed yourself with Ben & Megan.

Hugs
Cathy
xxx

misteejay said...

What a wonderful room Vicky and those lamps are stunning - clever you...hubby can't moan about that now can he.

Toni xx

Doreen said...

Your lamp shade looks just glorious Vicky,nice to see you back.xxx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Vicky,
I know I haven't "known" you long, but I woudl like to say how sorry I was to hear your news, I know how it feels to lose a close member of the family so young, but time does heal, it really does. I am so pleased to hear you are crafting again and I look forward to seeing your creations. This lamp is a beauty, what a fab idea! and it looks perfect in your lovely room. Big Hugs, Teresa x

Angie said...

Hi Vicky glad to see you back and i was sorry to hear about your Brother, it is a horrible thing Cancer i don't know anybody who hasn't been touched by it, but when it affects someone so young it's just wrong.
Rant over.

I love what you have done with your lamp it's beautiful just like your bedroom. Love the colours, looks like a palace.
Take care
Hugs Angie x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful hun! Not only did you create something stunning, but you also kept hubby sweet! Now that's what I call a result. xx

heidy said...

Hi sweetie,so glad your crafting again,and your badroom is gorgeous,looks like a picture in a magazine,and those lamps are amazing!
Hope you have a great time with Ben and Megan
Big XXX Heidy

Faye said...

It's lovely to see you Hun! Your room looks beautiful, even more so because of the fab details you have added. xxx

Kirsty said...

Hi wow your lamp is so gorgeous ! You are a clever cookie . Looks so expensive now and so chic !! I just love your room its so cosy and modern . Enjoy !! Kitty :P

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother Vicky. So sad.
Want you to know that I've been thinking about you the past weeks.
I'm glad that you are back! Your lamp is gorgeous.
Hugs, Heidi.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow vicky this nlooks gorgeous, very beautiful room and beautiful decorated.

greetings karin

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a clever girl you are, Vicky!!! LOVE your bedroom! Fabulously chic and oh so coordinated. Your lamp has clearly been through some transformations and is brilliant with your current decor! I love how you have saved and transformed the flowers from your Dad too! How lovely! Hugs, Lesley

Janette said...

Hi Vicky, Glad your back hun, your bedroom looks gorgeous, love the curtains and bedding too, very lush and lovely....xxxxx

Vicky said...

Ooh Vicky you have done wonders to that lamp....and I so love the gorgeous decor too....simply stunning sweetie...

have a great evening....hugs Vicky xx

Mary J said...

Oh I love it Vicky! Your bedroom is gorgeous!! We haven't decorated ours since we moved in 5 years ago - still on the very very very long to do list!

Chrissy said...

Very chic indeed Vicky...love the wallpaper and beautiful bed linen..amazing what some paint and imagination can do....gorgeous room..straight out of the Home and Garden magazine....

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sara H said...

Hi Vicky! I´m so glad to see you back!
Your project is really stunning, love it! Your bedroom looks gorgeous!
Hugs, Sara

Sandra H said...

Hi Vicky, Gorgeous transformation to the lamp it looks just beautiful and your room is gorgeous too! lovely job and nice to see your doing some crafting even if it isn't a card keep your mind busy and take care:) Sandra H

Tracy said...

What a wonderful bedroom hun, it certainly looks lush and so chic. You've done such a great job.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debra said...

Beautiful lamp! I pinned you :)

Caroljenks said...

Vicky your lamps are stunning - great work, perfect match to your room - can't wait to see the mirror!

Carol x

June Nelson said...

Wow Vicky you should get into interior design girl its absolutley beatuiful can I come and lodge with you my house is so boring after seeing that!!! and im pleased your back too ive missed you xxxxxxxxxx

Karina said...

Wow Vicky hun, your bedroom looks AMAZING. I also love Shabby Chic and you made real treasures out of things!
Big hugs to you,
Karina

cardmaking bird said...

Loving your bedroom - and the lamps look perfect too, you clever old thing LOL!! Hugs, Marie xxx

coldwaters2 said...

It is lovely to see you back crafting Vicky and wow what a fantastic bedroom, that lamp looks fantastic, what wonderful creativity.
Hugs
Lorraine x