My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Noor Design March Challenge

Hello there, how are you all?

Well its the 1st March........where are these weeks going.....think they need to slow down.
Anyway its time for a new challenge over at Noor Design UK & this month we have a lovely challenge...........
SPRING
.........just what we need right now, spring & summer are my favourite times of year.
I've gone for a more shabby chic kinda card using that fabulous new Fantasy die I told you about yesterday in my post here. Also the perfect Pion papers Spring Garden thrown in with some flowers......what could say more spring that ;-)
This time I've used as my focal point along with the Marianne Doily star die.......well when I cut it out for my test I had to use it lol.
Lots of layering on this card & lots of dimension.
This piccy is to try show you the dimension on this card.
You can also see the 2 laces I've used, there are also pieces of lace peeking out at the edge on both sides.....one bit is just under the green gem on the left side.

As you can see the 3rd layer I edged with a Marianne Border Wave die & tucked a bark star in there. There is also more lace tucked under the 2nd layer.
The little clay butterfly is from my stash, extremely lightweight that is.

I made a cabochon from the same paper as whats in the centre of the scrapiniec. You can also see the brick wall scrapiniec peeking out here too.

The large white flower in the centre I made myself with Foamiran, the leaf attached to the underside of the flower I made with foamiran & a rosy owl die.
Tracy at Noor Design UK stocks the widest selection of Foamiran as well as lots of fabulous dies & moulds & stamens.........a huge choice.

The foacl point comprises of a Marianne doily star die, the new Fantasy die cut out of Pion Design Palette Green l & then a scrapiniec frame on top of that with Pion paper in the centre & some flat backed pearls.
Now I could not find my half pearls so I used my fat backed pearl string & cut off what pearls I needed.
I also cut some border from the Borders sheet & then added a sentiment cut from the same sheet on top. The butterflies were also cut from that sheet (love these) crackle accents added then thin pearl string.

All papers were distressed using scissors so I could get the right distressing I needed.....I find scissors are better when I'm needing a more distressed look in places. Of course as always I machine stitched around every layer.....even following the border line on the top layer.
I added wax cord & seam binding in amongst the flowers, as well as another bark star & some tiny gypsophila.
I really enjoyed enjoyed making this card & everything just fell into place.......it went together like strawberries & cream......but in shades of green lol.

Please pop on over to see my teamies creations & we hope to see all your wonderful spring themed cards in the challenge this month. Bring us some spring ;-)

Thanks for stopping by.
Squishy Hugs Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering......
Classic Design Team Challenge - Anything Goes (march 1st)
Fussy & Fancy Challenge - Ribbons & Lace
Crafty Gals Corner - Add Ribbon
Crafty Cardmakers - Go Green
Double 'D ' Challenges - Think Spring



Products used from Noor Design UK


13 comments:

Juls said...

So very gorgeous, every detail is just lush xx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! What a splendid design! Hugs, Autumn

Jo Rice said...

Oh wow, I adore this so much that I had to just come over to your blog to tell you. The colour tones and your use of embellishments is just magical..thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog...Jo. X

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow what a stunning gorgeous creation. Lovely work indeed.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]


Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is awesome just love it Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Diane said...

WOW!!! I love, love your beautiful card with all its gorgeous details and the colors are so pretty as well! Thank you for joining our challenge at Fussy and Fancy!
Diane FAF DT

(I would love for you to enter in our challenge at Double D
http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/ )

Darlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the layers and the color is refreshing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for entering this gorgeous card into our Think Spring challenge at Double D, it's really pretty. ♥ Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Unknown said...

Wow....wow.....WOW! The stitching, those gorgeous flowers, that fabulous dimension! YOWZA!!! It's all so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member!

Maike said...

Great card with all the details and such a pretty colour combination! Thank you for joining our "Go Green" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike

Lena said...

What a beautiful and elegant card. Love all the accents you added. The colours are gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena, DT
Lena’s Creations

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow Vicky, this is stunning hun! Love the green, utterly delish card. So many beautiful details to drink in. So so pretty hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful, absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx