My Lovely Friends

Sunday 11 August 2013

Holy Light

Hello everyone how are you? Well I'm finally here with that Christmas card I was gonna post........I cant even remember when I said now lol. Anyway I've finally remembered to post it & its using one of my new stamps that I got the other week.

This is 'Holy Light' from the latest release at LOTV. These are all sooooooooo yummy!!!
Isn't she so darn cute!!! Of course as its a Christmas Card I had to give it lashings of Snow-Tex & Stickles ;0)

I added Tim Holtz On The Edge 'Snowflake' die thingy at the top. Covered the snowflakes in Snow-Tex then added 'Stardust' Stickles here & there.

I coloured her in Tim Holtz distress markers, I lurve seeing LOTV in distress inks, I enjoyed colouring her.
I also added stickles to her wings, her head-dress & the flame on the candle. I added Snow-Tex all around the edges as well.

The trees are from my Marianne die &.....yep they got snow covered too & I also added a couple of
 MF 'Pearls' to the bottom of each. The ribbon & lace are from my stash.

I used Marianne 'Holly Leaves' die & inked it up with Anitique Linen to match with her dress ;0) The flower is Prima & I added some sparkle to it. The corner die is a Joy Crafts die.

The papers I've had for ages & I think they are Pink Paislee. I've edged them all with Walnut distress ink & machine stitched all around them. The sentiments I cant remember where they are from, the Holiday Greeting I stamped in Brown Memento then aged the card with Pumice Stone, distressed it & layered it over some corrugated card painted with gesso.

Well I think thats it from me I saw that LOTV have a Christmas Challenge on so gonna pop it over there ;0)

Also to let you know that the uber talented Krista has released 4 new 'Fairies' in her shop here, they are so yummy. Here is one of them below...........
Sweater Socks Fairy
'Sweater Socks' Fairy, lurve this one...........but I have a HUGE addiction to socks, seriously sad I am lol but I dont care............its the simple things in life that give me pleasure lol.

Okie doke I'm away now, I'm gonna make Lime & Coconut cake today.......if you hear screaming dont worry its Ben arguing with his dad of who should have the most...........yep even though I always make 2 lol.

Thanks for stopping by my lovelies mmwah
Huge squishy hugs to all 
xxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering.............
LOTV Monthly Challenge - Make It Festive
Lili's Little Fairies - Christmas In August





30 comments:

May said...

WOW...What a Christmas card if I got something in the post like this I would frame it...Stunning work, Love the image & design the layers are Fabulous... Love all the snow & glitter... Hugs May x x x

Mau xx said...

Hi Vicky, Thanks for your sweet message xx
The card was well worth waiting to see, its gorgeous! Love the sweet image and pretty trees and flower.
Have a lovely day with that wonderful family of yours..... and save me a slice of cake, it sounds yummy.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just a gorgeous card! and thanks for the heads up about the new images in Krista's store. off to check them out now! :)

enjoy your day!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous love the design and fab image.xxx

Unknown said...

Good heavens Vicky! What a stunningly beautiful Christmas card this is! Love all the details and touches of bling, awesome creation!! Big hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous christmas card Vicky and beautiful decoration.

greetings karin

Shazza said...

amazing card x

Irene said...

OOOOOH so much to admire Vicky, LOVE it!!!!

xx Irene

Jan said...

Wonderful card Vicky xx Jan

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun....:o)

hope you had a lovely weekend....biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Christmas card Vicky, love the new image, so sweet, and fabulous colouring with distress inks..gorgeous details too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness girl, this is no card!! This is a piece of artwork!!! So beautiful!! Love the soft colors, all the gorgeous details and that image is just the cutest!! Your cake sounds simply delicious!!! Can't blame the "boys" fighting!! *lol* have a wonderful evening! Hugs and sunshine

Carla S. said...

Stunning Christmas card, Vicky! I love cool colors and the precious image! Fantastic coloring and gorgeous details!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Vicky
Stunning card...love the snow flake border....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

_LilyClochette said...

your card is so beautiful !!
Thank you so much for your comment in my blog for my boat ^^ i am really so happy and touched :)(sorry for my english)
i bought 4 digis fairys today and they are sooo beautiful !!! i am so exited for coulouring !!!

Jay Gee said...

Wow indeed Vicky! This is awesome, I just love your colouring :)

Kim. said...

Oh my this is seriously stunning and who wouldn't want to receive a card like this. Loving this new image and all your embellies.
Kim xXx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Vicky. I love that sweet image, wonderful colour and all your sparkle and details are gorgeous.
hugs Sue xx

Teri said...

Truly gorgeous hun!
Glad to see you are getting back into crafting and still knocking out some stunners!!
Hope all is well with you and yours!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Sandra H said...

"WOW" Vicky l can only agree with May's comments above and just add your creations are totally stunning and you use the most incredable materials beautiful image also and layout ......your so talented l have said this before but truly you are xx

Elise said...

OMGosh Vicky!!!!!!!!! Wow wow wow! This is so GOR-GEOUSSSS!!! I love the colors you chose and your STUNNING colouring! Everything is so beyond BEAUTIFUL .. you always WOW me with your creations! I love love LOVE this! And I so agree with you .. these LOTV images are totallllly PRECIOUS! :)

I'm so sorry I've not dropped by sooner and more often. :( Please forgive me .. as you know .. days fly by so quickly and there's always so much we want and need to do. sigh ...

I hope your little Grandbabies are doing wonderfully! :) And hope all of you and your family are having happy days with lots of smiles! :)

ps .. oooh I gotta check out Krista's new images .. they look like must have's for me too! :)

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend Sweetheart!

Sending Big Hugs to you!
Elise

Unknown said...

This is sooooo beautiful. Gorgeous card and colors. I just order that stamp as well s others. Lol. I can't wait to get them:) I just ordered that fairy two and a couple more. We are thinking the same I think. Hopefully I can give them as much beauty as you do:)
Josie
My personal blog:) !!!
Please join in the fun at Craftin'Boutique:) !!!

Susie Sugar said...

Totally gorgeous Vicky love your soft colouring on this one and the many layers too, it's a beauty
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Tracy said...

Hi Vicky
Lovely creation, lovely colours, the image is great and lovely colouring too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kat W said...

This is just stunning! I adore all your gorgeous detail and your beautiful colouring :-)

Thanks for joining us at Lili's Little Fairies this week.

Hugs, Kat x

Christina C. said...

What a priceless work of art, Vicky!

Fabiola said...

elle est fabuleuse ta carte j'adore, i hope you will join us at Christmas stampin'all year long with your sweet card, she's perfect for our challenge, biz

Erica said...

Hi Vicki,

She is just gorgeous! The colouring is perfect and I love all the snow, very Christmassy!

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Make it Festive' challenge, good luck!

Hugs Erica x

Lynsey said...

Wow what a stunning card Vicky! Thanks for joining in with Lili's little fairies this week.
Hugs Lynsey x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Divine Christmas card! Love the 'non-traditional' colours. Utterly gorgeous and super love the organza flower! Hugs, Wends xxxx