My Lovely Friends

Saturday 7 August 2010

Ronnie Reading - Emma's new charity image

Well good afternoon all you lovely crafters hope you are all fine & dandy & having a nice weekend! I got to do a bit of crafting today in between picking up my eldest son's girlfriend & taking my youngest son to get a new mountain bike......why are the 6 weeks hols so expensive, actually why are kids so expensive lol!!
Last night I went over to the lovely Emma's blog & saw that she had been given another digi image to raise money for Yorkshire Air Ambulance in memory of her beloved dad. Well as soon as I saw him I went straight over to her store (link is in my sidebar peeps) & brought him straight away! Now I told my hubby that it would be rude not to have a peekski round Emma's shop whilst I'm there..........of course its even more rude to leave without buying things......tee he he. Emma hunni you really shouldn't stock papers in your shop honestly I have such a weakness for them........the thing is I dont even need any you know these big plastic boxes on wheels that can go under a bed I have 2 of them full of papers....12x12 in 1 & 6x6 & 8x8 in the other, I really need to stop buying more.....aaarrrgghhhh I need help!!!!
Anyway think I better show you my card that I managed to knock together today....here is Ronnie Reading & he is just adorable....

As soon as Emma e-mailed him to me I printed him out & coloured him straight away, I think he is sooo sweet & cute, even my sons think he is 'mintas' in their own words lol. Now please excuse the pics, cus hubby was busy with my craftroom...he is laying laminate flooring today, I'm getting excited.....I thought I wud take the pics so as not to disturb him so they are what you would called crookedyyyy lol. Honest I was sober when I took them, its not me thats crooked mind its the camera......honest lol ;-)

Here is the card.......taken with the crooked camera......if you tilt your heed it will be straight!!

Are you tilting......................bet you are now tho aren't you tee he he. Every1 knows me as Mad Vicky cus I am rather ermmmmm silly or is it stupid???.....I can never remember which 1..... My youngest told me today that I am like some1 on blue smarties.....permantly!!!! Eeeee the cheek of 14 year olds these days lol. Back to the card anyway, I do ramble dont I.....the papers are My Mind's Eye as too is the ribbon. The dots are distress stickles, antique linen & brass & the sentiments I actually cut from a DP & layered it on top of some beige strips of paper & stuck them on foam pads to give a 3d effect. Behind Ronnie has been distressed with olive distress ink. I hope you like my card & I hope Emma would like it with it being her charity image......hope so.
Well that is it from me but I will be back later with another creation that I'm working on I've coloured the images ready.......so see's ya later folkies, take care now.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
P.S. This card was not done for any challenge but more for fun & basically just because I wanted to do it.....its been ages since I made a card for the heck of it. Thankyou for visiting & thankyou so so much for all your wonderful comments I appreciate each & every 1 of them xxx

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Vicky:)
Gorgeous card!
The papers are great. I like the way you have put it all together and the image is sooo cute!
Totally agree with you:)
I'm sure Emma likes it aswell:)
Hugs, Heidi

Poppet said...

Ronnie looks great Vicky, he looks like he's just got out of the bath and is ready for his bedtime story. :-) xx

coops said...

aw too cute vicky.the image is so sweet.i just love his big ears :) and wonderfully coloured.great papers and love your layout.

xx coops xx