My Lovely Friends

Friday 20 January 2017

Maja Design January Mood Board

Hello everyone how are you all?
I've not been posting much just lately except my DT work of course & thats because I have a poorly laptop.....a pinT of coca-cola got spilled onto it.. I dont even drink the disgusting stuff :-(
Anyhoo's I'm lending my youngest son's lappy as he mainly uses his PC....thank you Jake son mmwah, getting used to it is taking time lol.

Now as most of you or all of you know I lurve........I mean LURVE Maja Design paper except before crimbo time always ran outto enter their mood boards. Now crimbo is over though I was determined to enter January.......problem is I got carried away & ended up making 2 projects for the Mood Board lol. Its ok I think you can enter more than once but in all honesty who cares as long as I play with such pretty paper.......
Here is the mood board......
MB-January17
Ok less of my babbling......I will show you my simpler one first which is a card.
My new years resolutions......or my crafty ones are to go outside my comfort zone a lot more....use my brain more & be more creative........or at least try lol.
Now I had 2 projects on the go....this one & a 3D kind of project for my daughter, which I will show you another time.

Papers used are Maja Design Vintage Autumn Basics, I've useda mixture of 12x12 & 6x6......I cannot say which collection is my favourite but I really love this one, the colours are so so beautiful!! What is best is you can use for any occasion & male or female.

Okso the centre part is a page from the 6x6 pad & I just started folding it.....it was actually for the other project I was also doing at the same time.....yeah I often have more than 1 project going at the same time lol........funnyactually as one side of my craft room I was doing this & the other side I was doing my 3D project lol.
Ok I'm babbling yet again......someone stop me!!
This ended up not looking right on the other project but I turned around & thought oohhh if I keep I tie the middle to keep t together I could make a centre piece on my card with it.....by then the base & lace was done or I would have positioned them differently...........never mind....can try again lol.

I added 2 bits of metal doo dah's......technical term from the Victionary ;-) to either end but opposite sides.....I was going to add gesso but I decided I like the contrast of the shabby chic & the bronze...I think it bring out the browny earthy tones dont you.......or am I just talking jibberish lol.

I tied some white organza ribbon in a bow then shrank it with my heat gun a bit to make it shrivel....I then attached it on the card & the Bronze Butterfly on top.....its like its drifting behind the butterfly.

Of course no shabby chic card is complete without flowers so I added flowers either side. The centre of the folded page was tied with string & then waxed cord tied in a bow with a bit of bling from my stash in the centre. There is also another organza bow in amongst the flowers.
The leaves I made using a Rosy Owl die & Maja Design paper & after I cut it out I then bent it to give it dimension......the greens in Maja Design are perfect for leaves & there always seems to be the perfect green to somewhere in their collections to what I'm looking for..........yeah ok you get I love & adore Maja Design......ok I will hushmy buttons ;-)

Ok my lovelies thats it from me, you can of course get most of these yummy items I've used on my card from Noor Design UK..Tracy haslots of yummy things in & new things are on the way so keep your eyes peeled ;-) Superb service as well!!!

Thanks for stopping by, big squishy hugs to you all
Vicky xxx


6 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow stunningly beautiful hun, gorgeous design and great thinking out of your comfort zone, hugs Liz xx

Jan said...

This is stunning Vicky. Wonderful card and colour board xx Jan

Plony said...

OMG....this is so gorgeous....I am speechless....Wowwwwww girl....you are the best.
xxx Plony

Carole Pollard said...

Such a talented lady what an amazing card love that pleated paper so beautiful a very wonderful card Love and hugs Carole x

Beth Brovold said...

Just had a HUGE OMG moment!!!! LOVE this gorgeous piece of ART Vicky...I really would LOVE to try the paper "bow" in the middle!! STUNNING my friend!
Take care,
Beth