My Lovely Friends

Monday 10 July 2017

Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia midway post

Hello everyone how are you all?
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I am having a lovely one as it was my birthday Saturday & I had lovely pressies, crafty stuff & the best part lots of cuddle & hugs & I Love You's from my family & we spent the day together. I also had another birthday present later in the day which was the icing on the cake so to speak, yes even after I had birthday cake lol....but I will tell you about that another day ;-)

Ok so today I'm here to remind you of the challenge over at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia & the challenge is...........ANYTHING GOES!!
 The other week I got my new stamps & I coloured 2 up straight away to make a notebook for my granddaughter.
Payton loves pink, purple, glitter, tulle (ballerina's skirt), fairies & UNICORNS....yep you know what is coming dont you lol
I brought a cheap plain notebook from a shop & decorated it. I painted it with white gesso first & then started the fun part.
This is the pad I brought, its quite a thick pad so it will last her a bit........you know 5 year olds they can write 4 words on a piece of paper then start on a new piece lol.

All dies on the top of the pad except the circle & scalloped circle are Magnolia, some are from Doohickey Volume 9. However the die-cut going across the top of the pad is called 'Celebration Lace', I've had this die a while but you can get here if you would like it.

In the pocket I made a tag with a CC Designs die  & stamped just the unicorn on it & coloured it with distress ink refills & then covered it with Wink Of Stella........unfortunately it dulled it down a bit which is a shame as it looked so bright & colourful. However Payton still liked it & the tag can be used as a book mark for her reading book. I cut & glued 2 tags together to make it nice & firm.

Both Magnolia stamps are from the I Believe In Unicorns collection, I stamped together 'Unicorn Tilda' & 'Unicorn With Text' with my Tim Holtz stamping platform.........OMW that thing is fantastic & so much better than my other one.
I cannot remember which watercolour paper I used, it was either Daler Rowney or Langton. I coloured them with distress ink refills & added stardust stickles to the unicorns hoofs, horn & hair & to Tilda's hair ribbons, hearts & buttons.
I also added pearl dots with a pearl pen. I cut them out using LLLC Stitched circle die & then backed it onto circle & scalloped circle cut out with spellbinder dies.

Papers used are from one of my favourite collections, Maja Design Vintage Summer & I used a mixture of 12x12 & 6x6 paper. All was distressed a little & machine sewn, I added lace form my stash & some pink Melissa Frances Tulle which I've had for soooo long. I also added a string of ivory pearls along the top & the top of the tulle.
I added cheese clothe & corrugated cardboard painted with white gesso under the image & the letters spelling out the name are from Pion Design.
I added lots of lace & waxed string the binder rings at the top of the pad & added 2 charms, the one on the top of the pad says 'Believe' & I added a charm to the tag of a fairy. So this pad has all of Payton's favourites & she loved I'm pleased to tell you.

Well thats it from me, hope you will join us in our chalelnge, you can enter as many times as you like..........yes 20 times if you wish, we love seeing your creations thats why there is no limit.....psst also you inspire us ;-)

Come back tomorrow for my fabulous birthday icing lol.
Tatty bye & thank you so much for stopping by.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering.........
Midweek Magnolia's - Anything Goes with a Maggie



5 comments:

Janette said...

Awww this is so pretty, love all the little details...
Glad you had a lovely birthday..xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is gorgeous hun, Tegan would love this, hmmm maybe I may have to borrow the idea not that I have these stamps so I will need to get those too, lol I know what am I like, he he

speak soon hunny, hugs Liz xx

Sandra H said...

So pertty x

Juls said...

Eeeeeeeek wow wow wow!!! Loves this soooooomuch xx

Suzi Mac said...

OMG!!! Vicky!! Payton will treasure this FOREVER!! stunning work my dear, love it. Thank you so much for joining us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x