My Lovely Friends

Saturday 11 April 2015

Live & Love Crafts DT Card - Enjoying The City

Hello everyone its Saturday so that means 2 things.........1 you have me posting a creation today & 2 it's the weekend yayyyyyyyy.
So our theme for us DT girls over at Live & Love Crafts is Something New Something Old. Well my new is my new Magnolia stamp, I coloured this one up as soon as I got her.........I also have another 3 of the new ones coloured up as well so far lol. 1 more even on a card.........its just need foofiness ;-)
I've used what was the latest Maja Design 'Nyhavn' papers until Sandy got the new baby ones in ............OMG they are so gorgeous & I will be using them for everything NOT just babies lol.
I've inked the edges with Pumice Stone & machine stitched all around the edges.

My other thing new is this Magnolia Doo-Hickey die, I've been after it forever & I finally noticed it was instock over at Sir Stamp A Lot this week so grabbed it quick. I cut it out of the 2 same papers & added a rose to the centre. The Bark Heart tucked in behind is one of the older ones before Sandy got the Shabby ones.

A few Doo-Hickey dies on here today lol & of course gorgeous flowers & I also added Magnolia stem things as well...........this is my something VERY OLD as I've had them a looooong time.
The edging at the top is a 'Spring Flower Lace' Magnolia die, I cut it out in card & then in matching paper to make the flowers look more 3D. I placed heart shaped pearls to the centres of each.
There is actually a Magnolia tag under there lol, hard to see on the piccy though. I also added Sandra's Shabby Seam Binding in 2 colours, a Love Pennant Clip & a Pearl Button to the centre of the bow.
I added a Film Strip die from Noor Design UK, cut in half then cut off the banner off one of the Maja Design sheets, I thought she looked as though she was 'Enjoying The City'......perfect for the image ;-)
Ok so this stamp is called 'Insta Tilda' & she is from the new Magnolia WWW Collection. I coloured her with a mixture of distress markers & refills. 
Ok colours used are (RF next to colour means Refill & M means Marker)
Tattered Rose (RF) Vintage Photo (RF) - Skin
Aged Mahogany & Worn Lipstick (Both M) - Cheeks
Walnut (M) - Hair
Stormy Sky (M) - Top
Faded Jeans (M) - Jeans
Pumice Stone, Black Soot & Fired Brick (All M) - Camera
Spun Sugar & Victorian Velvet were used to do the background. Obviously I cut her feet off to fit in the frame.........I used anaesthetic so she didnt feel anything lol ;-)


The Chipboard Frame I've had for a while, I first gave it 2 coats of Gesso & then added Shabby White Fran-Tage in the corners. I also sprayed the image with spray & shine which have made the colours go a bit funny tbh but does give it a nice sheen IRL lol.


Ok that's it from me today the builders have arrived to get the roof finished as they are knocking through on Monday eeekkk, I'm dreading the dust :-( They dont usually work Saturday but they want to get it moved along.
Anyhoo's lovelies hope you have super duper weekend.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering..........
Midweek Magnolia's (cus I love you girls ;-) ) - Show Some Metal (coat hanger thingy lol)




8 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is simply stunning the detail is awesoeme hugs Cherylxxxxx

Carole Pollard said...

Just amazing i need to look at this several times to take all the fabulous detail in. Its wonderful. Got my Vintage baby papers they arrived yesterday they are so beautiful Enjoy the weekend love and hugs Carole x

vic said...

This is beautiful Vicky love the shaped card and that magnolia image is so sweet one lovely creation :)
Have a good weekend
Hugs
Vic x

Donna Mosley said...

A stunning creation Vicky, love it!

Donna x

JenniferD said...

Soooooo many Gorgeous Elements here and can't wait until I get my new Maggies that are still on the plane flying to me now. I love the new papers too have to agree more uses than Baby.Love that lace you have used the whole hanging just Stunning!

Unknown said...

Sweet card; feels very Springlike. Insta Tilda...I'd have guessed Selfie Tilda, LOL Hope you're having a good weekend.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Fabiola said...

Adorable, trop mignon, biz

Nikki Stalker said...

Gorgeous card. Love the pretty colours, sweet image and gorgeous embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolia.

Nikki