My Lovely Friends

Thursday 29 March 2018

Happy Easter from Swedish House Crafts

Hello there everyone I'm here today with my DT card for Swedish House Crafts & I've made an Easter card using some cute quirky chicks.....I love the funny looks of these chicks....look at their eyes lol.
Lots of dies used for this card & links to all items used will be at the bottom of the post to take you straight to the store.

These fab chicks are a Gummiapan Stamp 'Chicken Family' & I stamped onto smooth card with cocoa Memento using my Tim Holtz Stamping platform^ then coloured them with my copics. I'm not great at colouring in yellow especially with Copics but these chicks are that easy to colour, it literally took about 3 minutes lol.
I then used the matching Gummiapan Die to cut them out. I then decided to make a little scene with them.
You can use these for Easter or a Spring card, Suha even has the single chicks in her store with matching dies.

I used Pion Design Easter Greetings 'Easter Morning' for the base of the card. I then added card cut out using Gummiapan Dies 'Old Paper'.

To create the little scene I first cut out a circle using Roxstamps Pierced Circle die & Pion Design Spring Meadow, the reverse side has pretty sky & clouds on it which was perfect for the background.

For the tree I used Magnolia Birch Tree die,I cut it out twice, once in white cardstock & again in kraft cardstock & gave it a lick of white paint.
I used Magnolia Lovely Fence die for the fence....this has always been one of my favorite Magnolia dies this has...I love the little hearts on it/
The grass is also Magnolia dies form a Magnolia Doohickey club kit, I used 2 dies & used Pion Design Easter Greetings paper. The cloud is another Magnolia die from another doohickey club kit.

I glued everything to the sky background & then I added a scalloped circle using Gummiapan Inverted Scalloped Circle die. Once I glued that into place I then trimmed off any over-hang of any of the dies. I attached foam pads to the back to give it dimension off the card a little & then added my chick family once it was in place.

The 'Happy Easter' sentiment I cut from Pion Design Easter Greetings 'Borders' sheet. I also cut the butterflies from the same sheet. I added a few small flowers from WOC & the card is complete.

I enjoyed making a scene for a change, made a nice difference using all different dies & does not take the light away from my quirky chick family. This is a card for my eldest & his family as they are quirky & always make me smile.

Thats it from me but why not pop along to Swedish House Crafts & look at all the wonderful dies & stamps Suha has, if you make a scene with any leave a comment as we would to see them.

Thanks for stopping by, take care & hope you have a wonderful Easter Weekend.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx




Links To Products Used....

Pion Design Easter Greetings - Spring Meadow (reverse side for cloud background)
Pion Design Easter Greetings - Tags (reverse side for grass)

No comments: