My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Crafts & Me Challenges - Something A Little Different

Hello everyone its absolutely gorgeous here today, I'm sitting in the conservatory with all 3 doors open & all the fans on & still its warm lol. 

Anyhoo's we have a new challenge over at Crafts & Me Challenges & this one again will be running for 4 weeks because we have a fabulous boss & she has given us DT girlies time off for the summer & to spend time with our families.........woooooo hooooooooooo, thank you Teresa shug ;0)
Ok so again we have another easy peasy challenge...........
ANYTHING GOES
............well what could be easier than that!! 
I have gone for something different today & I got the intial inspiration from our uber talented DT sister Minna...........pop on over to her blog if you wants lots of inspiration ;0)
PIC HEAVY....
I have made a wall hanging using a Silhouette digi image from Crafts & Me, I've never used a silhouette image before but they are fab for quick makes, although this still took me a few hours lol,  typical me!!
The silhouette image is called 'The Embrace' & I printed it out onto patterned paper so the background wasn't a harsh white, instead I went with a softer silvery grey.
I've used Tim Holtz 'On The Edge Butterfly' die & cut it out in the matching papers, 2 of the butterflies I layered up & I added little pink pearl hearts to each of them.

The image I also added 'Flat Backed Pearl String' around the edge, added 'White Gesso' & also sprayed the image with CC Spray 'n' Shine to give it a sheen. I give the overall finished hanging a spray after as well to give it a bit of protection.

All the flowers I sprayed with white florists spray to give them a softer tone. They are all from WOC except for the cream ones at the end which are 'White Poppies' from LLC. The lace is also from LLC & it is the 'Queen Victoria' & is absolutely gorgeous lace!!
The love heart is a rubber stamp which I've had forever I stamped it in Worn Lipstick distress ink & then layered it with UTEE & cracked it a little & then added walnut ink.
The sentiment is a Little Darlings tag stamp but I just inked up the word. I also placed a MF 'Petite Frame'. I also added a Marianne Design 'Romantic Tassel' to the flowers.

The hanger is the gorgeous Melissa Frances Decorative Hanger & this one is the '6in Flower Hanger' but Teresa has other designs & sizes in her shop HERE. I sooooo love these but I'm terrible for forgetting about them :0(

The papers I have been wanting FOREVER as I had nearly run out so would use them lol but they were being sold anymore. Well I was over at a craft store the other week buying a few bits from them (some of my often used items are from here) & I saw that they are now doing this paper collection in digi...... Well slap my thigh I got so excited I thought I would need a Tena Lady ;0)
The papers are the gorgeous Eline's House 'Roses Are Red' collection. They are in 2 parts, I've used part 1 here but I also got part 2.............so so happy ;0) I inked & distressed the edges, added Gesso here & there & added 'Cheese Cloth' behind the image.

Hope you will join us on our month long challenge, we are limiting this challenge to the maximum number of 2 entries per person. Also there may not be comments done as the DT girls are having some time off for the holidays.

Hope you are all enjoying the summer & time with the families, except for crimbo I love this time of year. I am half way through visiting you but its taking a while so please bare with me I will get round to you all.

Thank you soooooooooo much for stopping by mmwah.

Big squishy hugs & funky love to all xxxxxxxxxxx



12 comments:

Tracey T said...

Love this wall hanging, Vicky! The paper is so pretty and the image is really striking. Hugs, Tracey xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous wall hanging, Vicky! I love the silhouette and all the beautiful details!

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous Vicky. Love it! Judy x

heidy said...

Gorgeous Vicky!!
XXX Heidy

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Vicky, love the shape and the silhouette image,gorgeous butterflies and flowers..just beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sandra H said...

Hi Vicky, Wow this is totally stunning x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

OOh Vicky, this is gorgeos and I love the silhouetted couple, aren't they fab? Those papers are wonderful, I can see why you like them and I love how you used the hanger to :) Big Hugs, Teresa xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card Vicky.

greetings karin

Sue said...

Oh my goodness Vicky. This is one of the most beautiful wall hangings I have ever seen.
I love the romantic image printed onto patterned paper. All the detailing is just wonderful and those papers are gorgeous, I can see why you love them so much! Your 'Tena Lady' comment made me chuckle, I just had to explain to my daughter why!
Thank you for the inspiration and for making me smile. My children had their last day at school today, I am so happy to have them at home for 6 whole weeks.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Kjersti said...

Awesome card Vicky, love it!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Janine said...

So pretty and romantic Vicky.
Hugs, Janine xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful sweetie. So full of beautiful things.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx