My Lovely Friends

Saturday 9 April 2011

CES Challenges DT Card.............Monochromatic

Good morning all you lovely jubbly people how are you all? I am fine & dandy....its sunny again woo hoo.
Now I'm a teensy bit late with this post I went to publish but then changed my mind about the photo's cus they were took at night under artificial light....I wanted sunshine.....natural daylight. So in my jammies I toddle off ootside with my card & camera & cus its early my bench is still in shade so I take my card to the steps. We have 2 steps coming down off the decking onto the garden. Did you know how wet the grass is in the morning from the dew......even wetter when you in very thin jammies!!! Yes I come down funny off the step & fell on my ass on the wet grass......needless to say the piccies are better, worth a wet ass!!!! lol
Ok stop laughing now I can hear ya........& no I dont have a piccy of me doing my diving swan act!! lol
Anyway onto why you are here its cus its Saturday......I can hear yayyyyaaayyyyy.
This week our fabulous Shell has chosen the theme which is just my fave theme
Monochromatic
Yes you know I love mono but instead of going for my greys I went sepia as I've only done it once before & I luuuuurrrrve sepia photo's....I've even used another un-inked stamp, yeah check me oot...lol

Isn't she perfect for monochromatic.......I thought so anyway & I followed a sketch that just cried out to be a gatefold....perfect actually!!!!

The flower I made myself with some shimmering organza & stuck a button in the middle, it really does look gorgeous IRL.

I've even coloured her with Promarkers.........yes I know but they were feeling neglected lol. I'm making myself to colour with all my mediums in 1 week....I've done well I've just got my prisma's to do one with now. I like a change they say its as good as a rest....lol. 

The inside decorated simple with a sheet of paper & a nestie & a simple flower with a gem in the middle.
The paper is GCD 'Paris Night' which was perfect for this image, the paper, the Tim Holtz ticket, the smaller flowers & of course Promarkers you can get all of these from Crafty Emma's Store.
All of the rest is from my little craft room.
Hope to see over there there is a prize of £10 to spend in Emma's shop excluding postage....ooooh so many goodies in that shop I tell ya.......I wonder if I can enter????
Anyway I'm off now to take a cuppa to my man cus he had a bad night & is still in bed so I'm gonna take him a cuppa.
Will be round in 5 mins to sees ya all.
Tatty bye for & thank you sooooo much for stopping by you all totally rock.
Challenges I'm Entering......

Just realised I havnt told you what the stamps is sorry peeps....its by Kanban Crafts & its called 'Moulin Diva's Tres Chic' & you can get it from Funky Kits



31 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
a gorgeous card, beautiful image & embelies, lovely papers & design, have a lovely weekend, sue,x

Doreen said...

Just stunning Vicky,I hope you didn't hurt anything more than your pride when you slipped.xxx

THERESA said...

hahaha, would have loved to see the other piccy, lol, but these are stunning and love the sepia effect, which ever medium you use, looks so good!!
Hope your 'man' enjoyed his cuppa, reminds me, i need one..............:))

lotsa luv

Kirsty said...

Hi your wee stories make me chuckle Definatelyworth catching the light. Loving this card so chic . Every detail is so perfect never tried the monochrome style might just have to have a go. Thanks for taking time out to comment on my blog too. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

OH WOW!! this is just stunning hun, I soooo love these images, really need to by them lol!!
Hope your all ok

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Stokie Shell xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Vicky this is stunning what a beautiful image I love the colour you have chosen to use it has a gorgeous vintage feel to it which I love. I love the wonderful embellishments and the design, awesome work as always.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Janette said...

Hi Vicky, You have made me laugh hun...sorry...lol...your card is gorgeous, love the sepia look too, so fabby....thanks for the help yesterday, I have sort of got it done...I think....oh I am so useless on the techno stuff....enjoy the rest of the day.xxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Vicky,
The lengths we go to for our art! hope you didn't hurt yourself, bless xx
Love your card,the colour is fab!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love Mel. xxx

Love crafts forever said...

Oh Vicky, this is one gorgeous card.
Hugs Nataliya

Val said...

This is absolutely stunning Vicky. Just love the image and papers. BEAUTIFUL!

Thank you so much for your continue support. A lovely lady indeed.

Warm Hugs
Valxx

xxxtglxxx said...

You made me laugh so much Vicky! :) A wet bum and a tumble was well worth the pictures - they are gorgeous hun.

That image is just FAB FAB FAB!! I love her in sepia, and all the luxurious and decadent details on the card are just perfect, and your hand-made organza flower is divine :)

have a great weekend,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card hun.
Stunning image.
Havea fab weekend
Debs xx

Sheena said...

Oh la la!! Love the colour choice and I love all the embellies. Sheena xx

Janine - Ellabella said...

This card is completely gorgeous, Vicky! The design elements are fabulous and your coloring is wonderful! Hugs Janine

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Simply stunning hun! LOL at you in your jammies to get a piccy - the lengths us crafters go to!!! x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is great vicky, what a great coloring she is beautiful.
love the feathers you used.

greetings karin

Vicky said...

LOL....Sorry sweetie! I can just picture it now..and I bet you said a few choice words hehehe.. Anyway back to your gorgeous card and it certainly is hun..and the perfect choice of colours too..

hope you have a lovely day cos me and Marie had such fun spending our pennies!

hugs Vicky xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing I love it, Thanks for using my sketch to make such a wonderful card, Thanks for playing on MAWTT Hazelxoxo

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh la la, hope your bum's dried out now lol! Love your fabulous sepia card & gorgeous embellies.

Just curious Theresa (comment #3), You mean you need a cuppa or a man?!?

coops said...

beautiful card vicky.i love this image and your monon colours and embellies are lush :d

xx coops xx

Julie said...

Hiya, lovely lady - this is just fabulous!! Amazing colouring and you've perfected the sepia vintage feel to a T!! Great papers too and the layout!! Glad you're so happy about your expanding household - it's lovely that your son has managed to pick a good 'un!! Loads of love, Juliexx

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Vicky I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our sketch and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really stunning sweetie. Your layouts are all so gorgeous. In answer to your question hunni, I go to Hydro at the hospital once a week on a six weeks on and six weeks off rota. It is just exercises in water as the water is too hot for swimming. I also go once a week in term time to a disabled school in our area that has a warm swimming pool and there I can swim. I can not go to a public pool as the water is too cold for me. I went to Ally Pally craft fair yesterday and came home in agony, knees/hips and back ached. I couldn't sleep very well because I was in so much pain but it was worth it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna said...

Hi Vicky, this is such a beautiful card, your colour choice is so elegant and I love that you have used a gatefold style...lovely embellishing too hun :) Donna x

Meesh said...

Heh-heh-heh... I know I shouldn't laugh, but... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA... and breathe... Hahahaha... Sorry, but hehehe... it is well funneh! You do make me laugh with your little mishaps. I can actually picture it all... maybe because I do stoopid stuff like that all the time too ;) I'm actually still sniggering! Bless ya and your little wet ass ;)

Anyway, I just want to say, STUNNING CARD!!!! I really, really love it! You've done the sepia tones to perfection and I love the whole thing in fact. Still making me sick... STOP IT! ;)

Hugsies,

Meesh. XXXX

Unknown said...

This is just a lovely card! So elegant! Love the feather! Thank You for joining us this week at OSCC!

Hugs Kobie - OSCC DT

Lisa Jane said...

what a gorgeous image and fab papers
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Mandi said...

FANTASTIC card Vicky
Classy
mandi x

tiggertastic said...

i love, love, love this and if you saw my house you would know why - wow wee !

Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job on that flower! I love the feather as well, great card! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

cebelica said...

This one is classic! So elegant. I love the sephia colour and the image you used is perfect for this card. Awesome!