My Lovely Friends

Saturday 22 July 2017

Hello To A Special Friend

Hello everyone, how are you all? Yayyyy its the weekend, lets hope the weather stays nice.

I'm here today to show you a recent card I made using a Magnolia stamp I got for my birthday & a new die that a lovely lady sent me for my birthday.... thank you again sweetie sooooooo much ;-)

The papers I've used I brought a while ago from Swedish House Crafts & they are the Pion Easter Collection........this is such a pretty collection & not just for Easter. I've had them a while but didnt want cut them as they are too pretty....stroking purposes lol.
I cut the card with a Go-Kreate die, all papers have been stitched as always.

I added lace across the centre. I added a straw cut down a little & added a sentiment from the Pion Easter Collection saying 'To A Special Friend'. The flowers at the bottom of the straw are WOC.
Butterflies are cut from the same paper set & pearl string down the centre.

I made flowers with white foamiran & I added bits of colour with Pentel Oil Pastels, these are really good on Foamiran & cheap too. I got mine from Amazon here.
To make the flowers I used my favourite flower die at the moment which is Whimsy Peony die designed by the uber talented Bev Rochester, the little ones were made using the smallest die & the larger ones were made using the smallest & the middle die. I also used the leaf die that comes with the set & foamiran.

This Hello die by Gummiapan I got off a lovely lady for my birthday, I cut it out 3 times in cardstock & then once in the same lemon paper I used on the card, this gives it thickness like its chipboard.
Ive tried to show the dimension of it here. 
Gummiapan dies are Swedish dies & are fabulous, they cut perfectly but what is just as good is the price........they are not expensive at all!! Great value for money.
You can find the Gummiapan range here in the UK at Swedish House Crafts.

This Magnolia stamp I got for my birthday off hubster, would you believe I didnt get her when I got most of this collection.....then I was like...why why why didnt I get her!!
So hubby got her for me, she is from the I Believe In Unicorns collection at Swedish House Crafts & she is called 'Snowwhite Tilda' isnt she the cutest!! I coloured her with distress ink refills.
Colours used are......
Skin - Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Cheeks- Worn Lipstick
Hair - Antique Linen, Ground Espresso
Top - Scattered Straw, Black Soot, Wild Honey
Trousers - Stormy Sky
Boots - Pumice Stone, Black Soot
I then covered her with distress glaze & fussy cut her out.

Inside in decorated to compliment the front as always.
I cut the tag from the Pion collection to stand Tilda on & then I cut a postage piece from the same Easter Collection.
Not many die-cuts on this one but I dont think it needed to be over done with foofiness, I wanted the pretty papers to be seen & of course Tilda ;-)

Well thats it from me, hope you have a wonderful weekend. I have my family coming in a few hours for a bit.
Thanks for stopping by.
Squishy hugs from me to you.
Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering........
Magnolia-Licious - Anything Goes
Fussy & Fancy - Anything Goes



7 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful such a pretty card Love and hugs Carole x

chrilvian said...

beauty

Rosette's Cards said...

Vicky dear, such a stunning creation. Those flowers look amazing, and all the delish embellishments look great! Thank you for playing with us at Magnolia-licious! I hope we'll see your talent again. Hugs, R

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card Vicky! I love the blue and lemon together, it looks so fresh and you have embellished the card so beautifully as always.
Hugs
Gina xx

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous card x

Sandra said...

Beautiful!

Jane said...

This is stunning! Love the colour scheme so much! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious, hugs, Jane x