My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Noor Design UK DT Card

Hello everyone how are you all?
I was hoping you to show you a project this week with in depth photo's or maybe even a video of the making or part of. However my daughter got took into hospital & although she is home now she is still very poorly. Also my eldest son & family moved at the weekend so I was looking after my grandchildren as well as my poorly Natalie & well there are not enough hours in the day.

So I will show you that next week as I'm really looking forward to doing it. Today though I have some shabby chic for you......oh my I love shabby chic........I would have it everywhere........even hubster would get the shabby chic treatment if I could get away with it lol.
I used the oh so pretty Pion Design 'My Dearest Sofia' papers, I went with blues for this one with just hints of pink in the background.
I have also used bits from the Crafteezee Collection No.9 which I think was March Elegant collection......but I'm not certain :-(
The 2 hearts in this photo are from the Crafteezee collection, the lace heart is lace & you get a long length of it but I just cut 1 heart off.....you may end up seeing these lots lol
The small metal heart I added Ivory Fran-Tage embossing powder to it but before I heated it with my heat gun I rubbed off little bits here & there so a bit of bronze would still peek through.
I also cut out 2 doilies, 1 in white card using a Fantasy die & the other from Pion paper with a Marianne die...........these are 2 of my favourite dies........amongst many others lol.

This little wooden peg with a heart on was also from the crafteezee collection....I added white gesso to the wooden peg & then stamped a postage stamp on the half of the heart.......its not showing up very good in this picture. I stamped onto paper first to get a lot of the ink off as I wanted it light.

I love the metal leaves but sometimes I think they dont really go with my card..........so I added Fran-tage embossing powder to both sides & heated them with my heat gun.........be careful & use tweezers as they get very hot with being metal.
Now I absolutely LOVE them & will be buying lots & giveing them the fran-tage treatment lol.
For these I used Ivory Fran-Tage to match the smaller metal heart in the previous photo.
I used some gorgeous flowers & I used quite a few different leaves. I used the metal ones & I used 2 different Rosy Owl Leaf dies & I also used Tim Holtz Holiday Greens.......I think a couple of the dies in this set you can get away with all year round. The Tim Holtz ones I cut with the blue 12x12 Pion Sheet, Rosy Owl was cut with the green 12x12 pion sheet & the maja design sheet & also white cardstock..... I also added some heat treated organza ribbon in there as well.

I added cheesecloth between the first & second layer & I also added 2 different laces. I distressed all my edges with a Tim Holtz tool.

Well thats it from me dont forget about our current challenge which is 'Add Lace' here.

Thanks so so much for stopping by it means a lot to us.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx


The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:

1 comment:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Beautiful card Vicky! Love all your gorgeous detail. Shabby chic? Well you know me and Shabby chic! Love it! But oh dear I do hope things improve for you soon - I was so sorry to read that. Judy x