My Lovely Friends

Monday 11 November 2013

Til Mor..................

Hi everyone how are you all? I want to say before I start my post today that anyone & everyone affected by the awful typhoon in the Philippines my thoughts are with you. My hubster is at our local Asda at the moment & they are doing a 2 minute silence. The whole world are feeling their pain & everyones hearts go out to them. 

Anyhoo's I'm here today with a vintage card that I have to say I sooooooooo enjoyed making.
Now I think the heading of my post may have you wondering..........well those who only speak english anyway..........like moi lol.
I think 'Til Mor' means 'Mother' or 'For Mother'............(if I am wrong please correct me lol) the papers I have used are called this so the card made itself............well with me at its side for a few hours as well lol.
The gorgeous papers are Pion 'Dresses' from the 'Lil Mor - For Mother' collection, I've had these since last year & cant believe I haven't used them til now. I have edged them with Pumice Stone distress ink & machine stitched them. The top layer I cut out using Spellbinder Grand die Label One.

The tags are also from the same sheet of paper. All the flowers are from WOC & I added white Gesso to them.

The cabochon I made using a free photo & printing it out small & added a plastic dome thing lol, cant remember what they are called as I did a load months ago & they are in one of my embellishment drawers.
The letters saying 'For You Mum' are from a Pion sheet 'Red Clover' & the resin oval is a Melissa Frances 'Vintage Frame'.

The lace is from my stash & I added 'Shabby Seam Binding'. I also added 'Pearl String' amongst the flowers.

The charm I got from LLC & I added a chain to it from my jewellery making stash & added a bit of Shabby White Fran-Tage.

The gorgeous image I got off the internet a long time ago & printed it out on thick Photo card. However I cant remember which site I got it from & I cant even find it on my laptop anymore...........it may of been on my old laptop & maybe missed transferring it. I will keep on looking though to find the link.

Everything has had a dash of gesso here & there & of course inside is decorated to compliment the front. The small cream flowers & the doilies on the front & inside are from LLC. The cream pearls are MF from MCH.

This card will be on my Etsy shop either later today or tomorrow. I've finally plucked up the courage to sell my cards on there. I will put the link in my sidebar when I have done it.

Thanks for stopping by, I have a poorly daughter with a bad cough & I'm also looking after my grandchildren this afternoon for a bit, but I will be round to see you all in between busy times. Last night my Ipad was a no-go.........so I'm catching up on my lappy.

Big hugs mmwah
xxxxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering............
Bunny Zoes Crafts - Shabby Chic/Vintage (my fave theme)



18 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,gorgeous image and details.xxx

Anne said...

You are correct about the words, although I might translate them into "for mum", but I guess thats irrelevant. :) I was wondering about the heading though, if they where supposed to be norwegian or if they ment something completely different. ;)

I love your card, the image is so gorgeous, and the little frame and letters you have used are so beautiful. Stunning flowers and lace, I relly lile the two little blue roses. The papers are so pretty, and the sewing and ribbon add the perfect touch! Love the frantage too!

Lots of hugs,
Anne

Martina said...

SoO beautiful and gorgeous Vicky! I really LOVE your Vintage cards...also the others too and as I am more the cute card maker I love them, but your Vintage cards are just "Ahh and Oh's" !!
Okay, now I hope you understand what I mean...;)
Martina

Christina C. said...

Vintage at its best, Vicky! BRAVO!

Sue said...

WOW! Another stunning card Vicky. Such a beautiful image, gorgeous papers and so many wonderful embellishments that all work so well together.
I hope that Natalie is feeling better soon.
Take care, hugs
Sue xx

Ann Marie Governale said...

Stunning.. loving those soft blues and vintage touches. My prayers are also being sent to those affected by this storm. So nice to see you mention it in your post. xxx Ann Marie

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Vicky..just stunning.I can FEEL the thickness just by looking at it...love all the details and colours...beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous vintage card vicky.

gr karin

heidy said...

OMG Vicky this is amazing ,so pretty!!
XXX Heidy

Beth Brovold said...

Yes such a TERRIBLE TRAGEDY is unfolding in the Phillipines...donations are starting up here in Canada!! It sure makes us feel lucky for everything that we have!!!
On a happier note...
WOW WOW WOW Vicky!!! Your card is STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!!! Wish I had an ounce of your talent my friend!!!!!

Anke said...

So beautiful elegant card!!!
Hugs Anke

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous Vicky, and I love your CAS cards too. Judy x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Vicky brilliant Vintage image and embellishments this is such a Stunning creation .....hope your daughter gets better soon and enjoy the grand children they are a treasure to have l just adore mine xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is beautiful, Vicky! A lovely vintage creation, decorated within an inch of it's life to great effect! Sorry I haven't been by for a while - I'm just struggling to craft and blog at the same time.
I hope Natalie feels better soon! Hugs, Lesley

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Stunning vintage card, lovely image. Hope your daughter is better soon x

debby4000 said...

WOW and WOW this is absolutely stunning.
luv
Debby

MagsB said...

Wow oh wow, this is an amazing vintage card! Absolutely gorgeous!!

love Mags B x

Fabiola said...

wouah! quelle chic!! trop joli, biz