My Lovely Friends

Sunday 10 November 2013

Have Yourself A Merry CAS Christmas...........

Hello how are you all? I made some CAS Christmas cards quite a few weeks ago & forgot to put them on here. Now as you know I'm not a CAS kinda girl...........no, no, no,,,,this chick needs her foofiness I tell ya ;0) However I need to make flatter cards that I can put in an envelope instead of a box..........postage is getting too expensive.
Okay so here are the CAS cards I made...........
.......I made 3, the 2 at the back are slightly larger, tbh I cant remember what sizes they are.

My first one I made out of dark blue cardstock & used Memento 'Nautical Blue' ink for the 'Creative Expressions Ornate Bauble' stamp & LOTV Sentiment. I cut the bauble out using Spellbinder 'heirloom Ornament 2010' die & also stamped 'Noel' inside from the same LOTV sentiment.

This second one is in gold tones & the gold card I had didn't match what I had stamped the 'Creative Expressions Xmas Scene' in. So I heat embossed the edge of the card in the same embossing powder as the stamped image. 
I used Gold Tinsel embossing powder & the inside oval I stamped twice & cut the second one out & layered it up with silicone glue. 

I used the same Bauble stamp again but this time did it in more of a Taupe colour.......I had card to match this colour well lol. The ribbon is from my stash. I used the gorgeous 'Tied Together' embossing folder which was extremely popular last year, I also added really small 'Mei-Flower Gems', I think it adds a nice touch.

I heat embossed this stamp with 'Aged Taupe' fran-tage & again stamped the inside twice & layered it up. This bauble stamp goes with Spellbinder 'Heirloom Ornament 2011' die. I haven't added a sentiment to this one yet.

Well thats another 3.........oh & also the last card I posted before this to add to my collection. My aim is to fill this basket with flatter style cards. I have to say though I enjoyed making these & it makes me use my embossing folders more............I'm very guilty of neglecting them all :0(

I did mean to post this earlier but I've been watching my favourite christmas film with hubster & Natalie.........Miracle On 34th Street, I lurve that film.

Thank you soooooooo much for stopping by it means a lot. I will be catching up with you all later. I'm quite a bit behind on visiting as I keep getting headaches & dizzy heads..............yep def going for that eye test this week :0( So its short bursts on the lappy for me. I am gonna use the Ipad to do it later but will be shorter messages for now so I can get to you all. 

Squishy hugs to all mmwah
xxxxxxxxxxxxx



18 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeous Vicky.

gr karin

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS cards, Vicky! They are so elegant and perfect for mailing! Love them!

Lynsey said...

Beautiful elegant cards Vicky! That's my favourite Xmas film too!
Hugs Lynsey x

Irene said...

They are wonderful Vicky and you are soooo right about the costs. Dutch Mail will increase again in January, the 3rd time in 1 year!!! So no lots of layers and stuff sticking out on al sides on my cards anymore. Start liking CAS more and more I must admit!!

xx Irene

Beth Brovold said...

GORGEOUS cards Vicky...once again AMAZING CAS!!!!!

heidy said...

These ae all gorgeous Vicky,hope you feel better soon hun!!
XXX Heidy

cebelica said...

These may be simple, but they are still gorgeous! I love them! Hugs! xx

Sue said...

Your CAS cards are just as beautiful as your cards with your 'foofinees'!
I love the elegant designs, gorgeous embossing and wonderful colours too.
hugs Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have been making some cards without coloured images and really enjoying the challenge. I don't use my embossing folders enough either. These are gorgeous, great use of those ornaments. Love that film too, always brings tears to my eyes

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are really beautiful Vicky!!
Kevin xx

Debs said...

All so beautiful and elegant Vicky - especially love the last one. (loving the basket too!!!)

Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Teri said...

These are yummy hun! Sometimes I think the CAS ones are so elegant and simple, but they are soooooo hard to do!! Hope you get your eyes sorted hun. I'm due for another test about now, hope I don't have to 'up' my prescription - got no dosh for new shades just now! lol xxxx

Anne said...

Beautiful clean cards, love the ornaments and perfect texts.

Hugs, Anne.

KraftyKoolKat said...

I adore these awesome CAS creations sweetie.

Playing catch up as I was away yesterday.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Shazza said...

I love all of these, great stamps and dies. Haven't made a single card for Christmas yet ....oops!
x

Sandra H said...

Vicky they are gorgeous x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous and elegant CAS cards Vicky..beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Fabiola said...

super chic, elles sont toutes magnifiques, biz