My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 4 December 2012

GDT Creation For My Step-mom

Good morning my lovelies how are you all? A few weeks ago I had a lovely email from Sharon asking me if I would like to be Guest Designer for December & January over at
  Papertake Weekly...........well she didnt need ask me twice I am soooooooooo honoured to be guest designer for them wooooooooo hooooooooooo!!
Anyway the new challenge this week is..........
...........the lovely sponsors this week are LOTV.
I have designed & made something new for my step-mum as at christmas time we buy her a few small gifts to open on the day but then give her £100.........well what do you buy a woman who has everything more or less....... At least this way she can buy what she wants & likes ;0)
WARNING PHOTO HEAVY!!!!!!!
I have used 'Christmas Angel' by the uber talented Krista at Saturated Canary, I sooooooooo love this image & of course I added sparkles to her wings & baubles ;0)
This is a card & gift in one............

This is the inside, the gorgeous digi paper is from the lovely Inger Harding, its so pretty as soon as she released it I brought the whole lot, including the side panels & the tag on the front.
I added 2 corner dies, a reindeer, doilies & some lush lace.

These are the 2 panels either side & I'm going to put a keepsake poem in & some photo's. The corners are open so things can be slotted into them & keep them in place.

This is the pocket I made for the centre & here I can put the money.

It is kept closed by a velcro button.

I wanted the pocket to be expandable so I created a file-type pocket so I'm not restricted as much when putting things in.

All the flowers are from WOC, hubster treated me to a big box full last week bless him.

This is the other side of the tag which also came from the same paper digi set. The wooden snowflake I added some paint, glitter & a glitter pearl to the centre, its so sparkly.

I added 2 organza ribbons to keep it closed. The brackets are a Joy Crafts die which is
 'Middle Fleur-De-Lys' I lurve these dies!!! All the dies I've also inked with Walnut DI.

Ingredients used..............
'Christmas Angel' digi image - Saturated Canary
Digi papers by Inger Harding - SquiggleFly
Joy Crafts die
Marianne Creatables 'Corner' die - MCH
Stardust Stickles - MCH
Flowers - WOC
Marianne 'Holly' die - MCH
Marianne 'Reindeer' die

Pop on over to Papertake Weekly & see all the fabulous creations of the DT girls.

I really need to say a HUGE sorry for not coming round much but last week all I had was 5 presents eeeekkkkkkk, I have been saving though so the money was in the bank for christmas. So at the weekend I decided to get stuck in & when ever I get chance sit on the net & shop, shop shop!!!!!! Most of my crimbo shopping is done online, thank goodness lol. I have given myself a week to get all of christmas finished with just food shopping to do, so I have til this saturday. I'm doing well so far & I've got Natalie's completely finished & Jake's nearly finished, Payton's is half done :0)

December is so so hectic for everyone so please dont leave a comment if you dont have time I know how busy we all are & know how precious time is at the mo...........I do think we get robbed of hours more in december mind.......think we should get more than 24 hours each day......WE NEED IT!!!!!! lol.

Anyway thank you so much for stopping by & sorry for the long post lol. Will be round to see you as soon as humanly possible lol ;0)
Tatty bye mmwah xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering........
Stamptacular Sunday - Photo Inspiration




50 comments:

Unknown said...

Only you can come up with something stunning like this my friend. Wish I was your step-mum, it's absolutely gorgeous work of art...love it Vicky...xxx

Caroline said...

WOW WOW WOW STUNNUNG STUNNING STUNNING I'll always make time to comment on this gorgeous creation I love it. Take care hun. Caroline xxx

Teri said...

O - M effin G hun - this is sooooo gorgeous!!! I am so in awe of your talent, no wonder you get asked to guest everywhere!! Surprised you have the time!! lol
Have fun with the Xmas shopping. I have most of mine all wrapped up now, just the odd bit here and there, then the food basics. Already got the meat - hubby wanted steak for a change!
Take care!
Teri xxx

Eileen said...

WOW there was definitely a lot of work went into that stunning project. Love that image and so beautifully coloured. Those papers you have used are fab and of course your embellies are perfect.
Sounds as if you are having a busy time. Hope Natalie is fully recovered now
Eileen x

Denise Goeldner said...

Oh wow this is absolutely amazing love the whole creation such talent love it hugs Denise xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is stunning Vicky, I like everything about it!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

wow such a stunning card wish I was ur MIL hehe.
Chris x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous creation! I'm s'posed to be Chrimbo shopping now :/ xxx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card Vicky,lovely image and papers.xxx

cebelica said...

You won't believe it, but I'm about to start on something (haven't decided what yet lol) with this same digi. It's sooooooo cute! I love how you colored yours and what you made with it. Your project is simply stunning. I am sure your step-mum will love it!

Hugs! xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow wow wow stunning hunny, love it, she will adore it too lucky lady!,

my wishlist gets ever longer when I see your gorgeous creations lol,

have a lovely day hun, spending mmm quite nice to do that especially on craft stuff lol hugs Liz xx

Irene said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW is all I can say Vicky!!!!!!!

xx Irene

Loopylou. said...

oh my my my vicky she will absolutely love it hun, its stunning.
One pressie bought here, got mo's birthday to go first!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Unknown said...

wow vicky just stunning and such a perfect image and coloured just perfect stunning too such a perfectly special card in every way...will post out your candy sweetie asap im still in too much pain to drive sorry for the delay hope natilie is getting better..and i had to resort to on line shopping as i cant go anywhere at the mo..so nearlly done at least my fam wont be deprived of a christmas gifts hugs sassyxxx

Sue said...

WOW!!!!! This is totally stunning Vicky.
I love the cute image, the gorgeous colours scheme and such a wonderful design. This really is so special and I am sure your Step-mom will treasure this and be able to see how much love and thought you have put into making it for her.

Please don't worry about the commenting , some things are more important.

Take care, I hope Natalie is starting to feel better now.

Hugs Sue

May said...

Breathtaking beauty Vicky... Stunning creation.. Gosh so much wonderful detail.. beautiful image & wonderful colours & design.... Love it all... Hugs May x x x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

wow wow wow!!! vicky this is incredible! such gorgeous details and I love all of those beautiful dies :)

Carla S. said...

Wow! Your creation is so gorgeous, Vicky! Beautiful papers and details and such a creative design! Amazing coloring of the cute image! Love it!

June Nelson said...

Wowser what a lucky step mum this is out of this world!!!!!!!! its so beautiful hunnie, awww your so kind, hope your ok sweetie big huggies June xxxxxxxx

Doreen said...

this is simply stunning sweetheart - I'm speechless . I really really love it.
And by the way...congrats to you new DT. Saw it at Copic Marker Europe blog....so happy for you.
But you are simply perfect for this
Lots of Love
Doreen xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Vicky,
Wow, your Step mum will be over the moon with this card, what great ideas you have with the pocket too and OMW what fanatastic papers, I can see why you fell in love with them - all too scrumptious! We are sometimes so alike with the images we have, I have her sitting on my desk all coloured up right now looking at me - I love the reds and golds you've chosen for her. Amazing colouring as always :)
Good luck with the prezzies, I have just three now...I agree, we need more hours in December! Big Hugs, Teresa xxx

heidy said...

This is really stunning Vicky,your step-mom will love it hun and congrats on being a GDT!!
XXX Heidy

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning card and great shape of card Vicky.
great decorations and embellishments.

greetings karin

Lau W said...

Hello !
My God, this is a so fab gift, inside and outside !Papers, embellish, colors, all is perfect...as always ;-)
Have a happy december !!
xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really jaw dropping gorgeous sweetie. Your step mum is a very lucky lady to have you hun.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Riet said...

So wonderful card Vicky,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

I'm lost for words Vicky for this is over the top gorgeous with all these yummy papers, beautiful image and fab embellies! Love that pouch in the middle, too, so very special! You're so creative my friend!! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Fab card! Helena x

MagsB said...

Oh My Word this is just AWESOME!!! Beautiful images, fab colouring and papers - what an amazing construction (I can't call it a 'fold' that doesn't do your work justice!!) Can you tell that I adore this?!

I'm not surprised you're a PTW Guest Designer, it's well-deserved! Yay!!!

love Mags B x

PS I hope Natalie is getting better xx

Chrissy said...

How could I not leave a comment on this masterpiece Vicky..absolutely gorgeous..Love the image and amazing colouring, the papers are just beautiful..fantastic design..you have just given me an idea that I was SO struggling with for my stepmother..love every bit of this card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

DebraK said...

SUPER gorgeous! I love the papers and colors--just perfect!

Jenny said...

Wowee what a fab creation, so much great detail. Congrats on your GDT post, I bet they utterly delighted they asked you, seeing this amazing creation hun :) Jen xx

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie, congrats on your GDT position - as soon as I saw this on the PTW blog I knew it had to be yours!!! It's so beautiful and so many pretty details your step mom will love it!
Take care
Hugs xx Cara xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

WOW Vicky this is brillaint! Bet you loved making this! Congrats on your GDt post. Great to see we are to be teamies for two months! (HUG) Judy x

Sandra H said...

Hi Vicky, Oh my goodness this is so beautiful as always you have so much talent truly beautiful! xxx

Fabiola said...

oh wouah! elle est superbe, magnifiques papiers ... tout est magnifique, biz

Alina said...

gorgeous, Vicky, awesome colouring!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi sweetie, what a gorgeous keepsake, must have taken ages to make. Such a pretty image, I have this one to use for a DT card later this month. You're right about the hours, where do they go?

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful Vicky...such gorgeous details hun...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

arjette said...

Oooohhhh this is sooooooo beautiful!!!! Your step-mom will be so happy with it!!!!

gr. arjette.

Shelby said...

Now this is a gorgeous project! wowzer girl look at all of those wonderful intricate details you've added. Love all of the die cuts and the lace and the ribbons and adore how you've added an envelope on the inside.

Shelby

Dona said...

This is absolutely beautiful. WOW!!!!! You are amazingly talented.

Sharon Caudle said...

Well promise me if she doesn't like it that you will immediately send it my way! LOL!! This is just drop dead gorgeous!! Your coloring is over the top! I wanna be like you when I grow up! LMBO! So very excited to work with you for the next couple of months, Vicky!!
hugs, Sharon

Donna Mosley said...

A wonderful creation Vicky, love, love, love the amazing design and papers. Oooh! how scrummy & perfectly coloured is this lil' miss. Love it all. Hope you enjoyed the choccies hun.

Donna x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out.
luv
Debby

Crafteezee said...

Wow, stunning Vicky. I seriously don't know how you fit it all in. Mind you I can talk, lol.
Hugs Tracy x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is gorgeous!

Grenouille Greetings said...

WOW, WOW, WOW. This is magnificent! And I nearly missed it! Love every single element of this fabulously folded card with the amazing pocket and gorgeous embellishment and your image is a stunner! Hugs, Lesley

Pam said...

Wow! This card is just breathtaking.
Beautifully designed and your coloring is very lovely.

Thank you so very much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday! We are so happy that you could join in the fun.
:) Pam

Suzanne said...

your step mum is a lucky lady, love the gift card thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week