My Lovely Friends

Saturday 10 March 2018

Your Wedding DT for Swedish House Crafts

Hi everyone I'm here today with a wedding card using 2 Magnolia images, one is the main image & the other is hidden somewhere ;-)
Quite a bit of colouring on this card but I really enjoyed making it,

The flower I made myself with foamiran, if you look closely behind that you can just see the Roxxtamps Heart Wreath die cut out twice, once in white cardstock & once in pink vellum.

The flower that is coming down from the foamiran flower is a die form the last Magnolia Doohickey Collection Volume 18. I cut it out in watercolour paper then painted it using distress ink refills.

I added corrugated cardboard painted with white gesso to add texture & depth to the card.
The bow is made with a Magnolia Doohickey die that you can pre-order from Swdish House Crafts. It was cut out in the same Maja Design paper as the card.
Down the centre I added another Magnolia die called the Recipe Card & layered it up on top of the corrugated cardboard.

The gorgeous Magnolia stamp is called Mr & Mrs Magnolia from the You're INvited Collection. I stamped onto watercolour paper using the fabulous Tim Holtz stamping platform & coloured them with distress ink refills.....I have a few stamping platforms & I have to say my absolute favourite is the Tim Holtz one, love the size & especially love the sturdiness & quality of it.

Here is the image that was hidden. I used one of the Magnolia mini stamps to co-ordinate with the main image, stamped & coloured it with distress ink refills & then cut it out using a Magnolia Tag die. Its another fabulous way of using those mini stamps. Though this was not originally my idea, I saw it a long time ago from a very talented crafter whose colouring I absolutely adore.......I'm hoping to be like her when I grow up lol. Link to her blog is right here.

For the background colour I used a few different colours to get a sunset sort of colour. To do the backgrounds I use the Watervalve brushes as I find they are fab & quick for colouring the background. I dont fill mine with water I use my water bucket just like I do when Im using my sable brushes.

Here you can where the tag goes & I added waxed cord in white & in pink & some white seam binding & a gorgeous bit of bling to the centre.
The 'Love' metal clip thingy is form my stash as is the foamiran.
I have used 1 sheet of Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics, I've used both sides & its the '7th May' sheet.......my favourite sheet of the whole collection......need get more I think lol.

Thats it from me, thank you for stopping by. Take care.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

List Of Products Used......


4 comments:

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning card as always your talents really shines through with this one x

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful just loving this amazing design so much to look at and its all gorgeous. I've just bought a Tim Holtz stamping platform last week only used it once but love it. I'm so pleased you recommend it I've made the right choice Love and hugs Carole x

pinky said...

Beautiful work!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning card Vicky! Look how grown up your grandie's are becoming!! Thought of you this weekend after helping my baby sis deliver her first born. I still remember that magical story of Arjay's birth! Grandma extraordinaire!! Stunning card today hun. Love the paper combo and that sweet wedding couple, perfectly coloured. Love the blooms, so pretty! A wonderful celebration of love, sure to be a keepsake! Hugs, Wends xoxo