My Lovely Friends

Saturday 11 November 2017

Christmas Greetings


Hello everyone welcome to the weekend, I lurve weekends as for me its family time...makes my heart melt.

Ok so today I'm here with my DT card for Swedish House Crafts & I have a Christmas card to show you. I absolutely love making Christmas cards, gifts etc and nothing makes it easier when you have fabulous Swedish products to make them with. Suha has in the new Maja Design "Joyous Winterdays"....so, so pretty. I ordered two lots so I didn't run out, as these are proving to be very popular......you can see why though.


I have used a few Gummiapan dies on this card.....yes I really do think I have an addiction....no need for a cure though, unless it's to buy more Gummiapan products lol.

Ok so dies used are Christmas Tree (which also has a matching stamp), Reindeer Head (love this) and the little Birds.....these are awesome for using little tiny scraps that would usually go in the bin...I mean under 1 inch lol.

The sentiment is from a Pion collection and you can find many beautiful Pion Collections at Swedish House Crafts. The Cabochon I made myself by using a circle sentiment that comes with most Pion collections. I used a circle punch to cut it out and then attached it to a Epoxy Resin self adhesive cabochon which I got from Ebay a long time ago. I also sometimes put them inside bottle caps for an extra touch which also look fab, especially on male cards.


The flowers I made myself using Gumiapan Flower 3 Dies, I've used all three dies. They were bent into shape slightly using Maja Paper to co-ordinate with the card. Then they were sprayed with glue and Tim Holtz glitter poured all over them, except the very bottom layer. I've also added dashings of white paint here and there. I then added a pearl to each centre. The leaves are Magnolia Sprawling Ferns die, one of my favourite leaf dies. For the leaves I also used paper from the same Maja Design Collection but from the 6x6 pad.


All papers were machine stitched as always and inside the card was also decorated to co-ordinate with the front. Behind the flowers you can just see another Gummiapan die sticking out, this is the Doodled Frame, I love these as they are perfect for adding that bit of interest.

The image is of course Magnolia "Poinsettia Tilda" from the Aspen Holiday Collection. I coloured her with distress ink refills and then coated the image with Tim Holtz Distress Glaze to protect the image.

Don't forget there is still 20% discount on the store to celebrate Swedish House Crafts being 1 Year Old..........yayyyyyyy.

Enjoy your weekend

Hugs Vicky xxx




Products used....



1 comment:

pinky said...

Oh my word this is absolutely adorable!!