My Lovely Friends

Sunday 28 July 2013

Feeling blue...........

Good morning my lovelies how are you all? Hope you have better weather than we do, its absolutely pouring it down :0( Still the plants & lawns need a good watering ;0)

I'm here with a card that I did, I think nearly 2 weeks ago but completely forgot to blog it........dont know where my mind is these days lol. I'm not really feeling blue but my card is full of the blues ;0)
I finally inked this little lady up when I got my new markers..........
I've used 'Blue Cross Tilda' I love anything to do with crosses & angels so this was my first Magnolia stamp in the basket when this collection was released lol.

The ribbon is East Of India ribbon from my stash & I'm not sure where the coin charm is from, I cant remember. Lace is also from my stash.

I love all products by Melissa Frances including her Vellum Envelopes & Tags. However I decided to make my own Vellum Envelope & use up the abundance of vellum I have lol. I made the envelope, I scalloped the top edges I also added Shabby Blue Fran-Tage & embossed it with a butterfly folder. Then added a Magnolia tag. Quite pleased for my first attempt ;0)

The 3 blue flowers are from WOC & the rolled flowers I used a Marianne die & popped Blue Pearls inside. I've also added Gesso to the flowers.

This Tilda is of course from the Special Moments 2013 collection & I coloured her with Tim Holtz distress markers. Cannot remember the colours as this was coloured when I first had my markers so this was a practice one lol. 
The frame is Spellbinder 'Floral Oval' & I added 'Shabby Blue' Fran-Tage & also inked the edges with walnut distress ink.

As always inside is decorated. The gorgeous papers I've used is my favourite of all paper makes....
Maja Design - 'Vintage Spring' - these are from my 6x6 pad. I distressed them a wee bit & inked the edges with walnut distress ink. I also added the beautiful new Joy Crafts 'Butterfly Border' I lurve butterflies so have to get new butterfly dies & this one is a beauty!! This too also got the fran-tage treatment ;0)

Ooooh have you seen the new Magnolia Sea Breeze release Maggie fans? Mine came through my letter box on friday........oooh as soon as I saw Sir Stamp A Lot on the envelope I was beaming.....well once I had chased hubster round the kitchen table to get it off him lol. 

I also got new stamps yesterday from a different company so its not just new magnolia images you will be seeing for those of you that are not Magnolia fans ;0)

Well I'm off to do some hopping before my grandaughter arrives so will see as many as I can soon & the rest laters. Thank you soooooo much for your lovely comments especially on my Prima doll tag in the post below, it really means a lot.

Oh before I forget I've had a few emails asking me if I'm selling my copics, I am NOT selling them or giving up on them, I want to be able to colour with all different mediums my next one will be to master Prisma pencils. I love the vibrancy of copics however sometimes I want a soft delicate look & nothing does that like distress inks/markers.

Lotsa squishy hugs Vicky xxxxxxxxxx




14 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is another one full of awesome embellies and colouring.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Tracey T said...

This is so pretty, Vicky. I know what you mean about getting softer colours from the DIs and markers - your colouring is gorgeous, though, whatever you use! Hugs, Tracey x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's another beauty Vicky.

greetings karin

Mau xx said...

Glad you aren't feeling Blue Vicky :)
Love the card you amaze me how much detail you get onto your creations.
Sorry been missing sweetie but Sis is so poorly, i will try and get round more often :(
Huge Hugs Mau xx
hope everyone is doing well..squidgy hugs coming your way xxxxxxxx

karen said...

So beautiful! hugs, karenx

Sandra H said...

Oh my goodness Vicky this is truly beautiful and what a wonderful image you have used too! gorgeous colours and fabulous layout it really is stunning hope your enjoying your grand daughter and the weather has improved it rained here earlier but the sun is out now take care x

Shazza said...

this is beautiful x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Vicky, love the blues,gorgeous image and colouring, love the flowers and swirls...beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Christina C. said...

Utterly exquisite, Vicky!!!!

Debs said...

Totally awesome Vicky - love the Frantage and stunning details.
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi hun, hope your ok and your family are too, gosh hasn't the weather been fab, sooo hot lol,
love your card hun, your so good at colouring with the markers too,so jealous here lol, fab design on your card too hun, hugs Liz xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Jay Gee said...

OMG Vicky, this is a practice image!!! Oh to be this good when I have mastered colouring with distress inks, LOL. Gorgeous card :)