My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Papertake Weekly GDT Card- Baby its cold outside

Good morning my lovelies, how are you all? Well for the 1st time this winter us here by the sea have snow, I've had to keep kids off school. Typical we get snow when we are helping Ben & Megan move house today..........so I'm babysitting Payton & Natalie & the youngest is helping his dad load the van ;))

Well its time for a new challenge this week over at Papertake Weekly & the themem this week, aptly called.............
BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE
.........yea it is, I'm sitting here in the conservatory looking at my snow covered garden lol.
I decided to go vintage again as I want to do more vintage & shabby chic this year, I dont like to do the same kind of thing & I'm worried about getting stuck in a rut, so you will be seeing different things this year ;0)

All the flowers are from WOC & I added 'Holly' underneath out of kraft & gave it a light dose of 'Snowtex'. I also added white 'Pearl String' in amongst the flowers.

I made a double bow with 'Shabby Seam Binding' & attached 2 silver bells which I covered in 'Snowtex' & added a 'Scalloped Pearl' to the centre. I covered a silver 'Metal Corner' with 'Snowtex' too.

I cut out these tags from the papers I used & cut out the letters & popped foam squares beneath them to make them pop out that little bit more. 
I also added  a strip of 'Jute' fabric but twisted it & doused it with 'Snowtex',  I also added 'Jolie' lace underneath.
If you click this pic you should be able to see where I have twisted the 'Jute' fabric. The bead trim is from my stash so is the wooden snowflake which again got snowtex treatment & I added this fab 'Let It Snow' charm.

The image is from the Pion range & this image is from the sheet  'Fairytale Of Winter' I so struggle when it comes to choosing an image as they are all so so gorgeous. I also added snowtex in places so add a bit extra snow ;0)  I have also used Pion paper Silent Night
 'Nativity Scene' & inked the edges. Sooooooooo love Pion papers..........you can hear my sobs everytime I cut into it :0( I also added a 'Doily' & some 'Cheese Cloth' underneath there somewhere lol.

Well thats it from me hope you will join along with the fabby challenge this week.

I will be around to see you all, although it may be a bit sporadic as I've got Payton & Natalie so will only be able to use my lappy at certain times.............when Payton is alseep lol, she likes to press all the keys, also when we have an Ipad or a laptop in our hands we usually have to go onto You Tube to watch her
 favourite video.........she is sooooooooo my grandaughter she loves any music with a beat ;0)
She even says 'Again' when it finishes & when you say again she says 'Yeah'.........I could eat her up she is so darn cute..........she is my yummy bear lol ;0)

Thanks for stopping by & for your support it means the world my lovelies mmwah
Tatty bye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oooh before I forget there is a candy link to My Crafty Heart's candy, can you believe its one year old this week already. WOW has that gone fast, Congratulations Teresa sweetie mmwah xxxxx





36 comments:

Juls said...

so so beautiful, the detail is just amazing! Hugs Juls

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Sweetie I am so sorry I have not been around to comment on the postings I have missed. I have read every one though. Lol!!! I do hope you are feeling a bit better sweetie. I also hope Ben's move goes smoothly.

All of your cards are awesome. Your layouts are always super. If I put that amount of gorgeous embellies on my work they would look a mess and I would get in a right old state. Your have a fab flair for laying it all out and it looks super.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

MagsB said...

How gorgeous and beautiful this is! So much yummy detail!

Ihope the move goes well, in spite of the snow! I had to laugh at Payton's fave video, my daughter loved the Gummi Bears song when she was little, too!

love Mags B x

Loopylou. said...

ooooh thats just gorgeous hun and I hope the moving is all going fabby!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Doreen said...

it's a stunner again hun. So amazing. Love it
love and hugs
Doreen xx

Suzi Mac said...

Wowzer!! Vicky this is stunning sweetheart. I love every teeny weeny detail, spent ages just looking at it. Stunning Work.
Hugs
Suzi x

Robin said...

Just stunning! I love all the elements you have used! Hugs, Robin

Carla S. said...

Stunning vintage/shabby chic creation, Vicky! I love the image and all the scrummy details! Just gorgeous!

Sue said...

Hi Vicky
This is totally stunning. I adore the vintage style with that gorgeous image and wonderful detailing.
Stay safe in the snow
Hugs Sue

Basslady said...

you are so incredibly gifted, hun!

i love, love, love your fab card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous vintage card Vicky, lotts of details.

greetings karin

Lotta said...

Hi Vicky! Oh your card is absolutely stunning! And I agree with you, to change direction of the hobby is fantastic! I really love your vintage card! The image is fantastic, the letters are my kind of letters! Love the corner and what you have done with it! Hugs Lotta

Anke said...

Oh, it's so beautiful!!! It all fits together so well. Hugs Anke

mags said...

Really love this vintage creation. There are so many gorgeous details to look at.
I too am trying to have a go at new things and will be nice to see what you come up with.
I would like to do cards like this with more embellishments but when I do it it looks like a total mess lol.
Need more practise I think.
Mags
x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous,gorgeous Vicky.
Love every inch of your card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

ania said...

Piękna karteczka, bardzo klimatyczna:))

heidy said...

Beautiful as always Vicky,it's snowing here to,glad it was my day off!!
Big XXXX Heidy

Sandra H said...

Just what you needed snow!!.....lol Absolutely fabulous card Vicky all of the attention to detail shows through its stunning good luck with the move xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous, this must have taken ages. I do love vintage and I know what you mean about trying different styles. Keeps js on our toes.

Fabiola said...

j'adore quand tu fais du shabby, elle est magique, biz

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Vicky :-) I love the vintage look and all the details ,, absolutely stunning ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

May said...

Simply Stunning card... WOW!!! Fabulous embellishments & design... Love it all... Hugs May x x x

ลngεŁล said...

Es una preciosidad!!! amazing job!!! hugs

Eileen said...

Wow this is certainly a more is more card. Wish I had your talent for adding things. Everything works together so well. A stunner
Eileen x

Donna Mosley said...

WOW!!!! Gorgeous card Vicky, love the very beautiful image and the design & details are stunning. Hope the move went well hun. Aww! your lovely lil' Payton Lea, she sure is a cutie. I can almost see her Nannie's beaming face just talking about her. :o)

Donna x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Vicky, This is beautiful, I love the vintage image.
Kevin xx

Deb said...

wow, this is just stunning hun, love the vintage theme and all the fabulous details you added!
Debxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

A treasure trove of trinkets on this gorgeous card, Vicky! I hope the move went well in spite of the snow! Hugs, Lesley

Marlies said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous vintage card! I love all the fab embellies and details! Realy beautiful! hugs, Marlies

Mau xx said...

This is Astounding! what fab detail vicky and tou do Vintage beautifully.
Enjoy your Cuddly bear, she sounds wonderful.xxxxxx
Hugs Mau xx

Martina said...

Oh my God...this is simply gorgeous!!!! I am green with envy...you do Vintage as amazing as girly and cute....wow! I just LOVE that card!!!!
Hugs,
Martina

Janine - Ellabella said...

Stunning card Sweet Vicky <3
I love all those delicious details and embellishments :)
LG Jaine

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is so so pretty, love everything about it.
Hope Megan and Ben get sorted soon and the snow hasn't caused too many problems for them.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

You must have had such a lovely day, taking care of Payton, too! Hope everything worked out fine for Ben & Megan! Gosh, this is mega beautiful Vicky, but then I am sooooo fond of anything vintage! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow hun just gorgeous, love love love all the embellies and you so do the vintage look, love it, hugs Liz xx

Annie said...

oh my! you do the vintage style to perfection and thankfully give me lots of close ups to drool over. So many products I just need to get .. .. and a style I am hoping to get to grips with this year too.
hugs, annie x