My Lovely Friends

Sunday 17 August 2014

Live & Love Crafts DT Card

Hi everyone hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Well I'm here today with a scheduled post with the last creation of the week for Live & Love Crafts & as you know the theme for us DT girls was 'Magic'. As soon as I saw the theme the first thing I thought of was 'Christmas', its the most magical time of the year...........and who is more magical than anyone...'Santa Claus' of course!! Its my favourite time of year where families, friends & loved ones come together to celebrate..............to celebrate the 'Magic of Christmas'.
I have used older christmas Pion papers, I've inked the edges with Walnut & machine sewn them as always. All links will be at the bottom.

The rolled flowers I made with a Memory Box die & some scraps of Maja Design paper, added pearls to the inside & Gesso. Underneath the bottom rolled flower I added 2 bells which also got dipped in Snowtex.

The fabulous Santie Claus is from Reprint & tbh I struggled which one to pick as they are all fabulous!!. The trees are a Marianne Design which are covered with Snowtex but I also added Diamond Dust whilst the Snowtex was wet so there is a lovely sparkle to the trees IRL.

The Snowflake border also got the Snowtex treatment as did the Cones. I added Gesso to the Crispy Ribbon bow, the wooden button & lots of other places lol. The laces really are so gorgeous & think I will be ordering much more of them. The little ticket-y things are the side by the Pearl cluster are from another Pion sheet & they say 'Merry Christmas' between them both. Inside is also decorated as always.

Well thats it from me I have the family coming today for tea so its a busy day with a house full............just the way I like it ;0)

Enjoy your day, take care & thank you so much for stopping by.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx





15 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun,this is stunning the detail dimension,and the dies,are just amazing,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Juls said...

Gorgeous, love all the details :-) xx

Debra K. said...

Wow, wonderful card Vicky! It feels like Christmas now with this card. So much gorgeousness. Debra x

Carol S. said...

Love this vintage card. A beautiful image and stunning embellies. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Vicky. I love the vintage image, gorgeous papers and such beautiful detailing too.
I hope you have had a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Vicky l love the image and your trees look stunning with the snowtex and dimond dust all of the other embellis are beautiful as always and your stitching is perfect xx

Sharon said...

This is stunning Vicky. The colour tones are gorgeous and love the design.
Have a lovely week
Hugs Sharon. x

Denise Goeldner said...

Gorgeous vintage christmas card xx
~ Denise ~
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

debby4000 said...

Wonderful Christmas cards, gorgeous details.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Stunning Christmas card, loving all the detail x

Kat W said...

You definitely nailed the magical feel here - gorgeous detailing and I love all the snowy stuff!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Fabiola said...

superbe, c'est une magnifique et très élégante création, biz

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh...that's the magic you meant. Gorgeous nostalgic feel to this card, and the trees and snowflakes covered with snowtex look amazing. Hope you're feeling better by now.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous card - love the natural colours. Definitely a magical creation!
Rebecca.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Vicky this is stunning! So lovely to find a moment today to check into your gorgeous blog. It's been a mad few weeks. I hope your fully recovered from the run and that the fundraising went well. Love your gorgeous Christmas card to bits. You make shabby chic look effortless! But I cannot get the gist if it one little bit. I live in hope some of your crafty magic will rub off on me if I stare at your sweet creations long enough! LOL. Big hugs, Wends x