My Lovely Friends

Monday 8 November 2010

Ching-Chou Kuik's Purple Comfort........in lavender,lace & pearls...

Good evening peeps how ya all doin'? I did mean to photo & post this at lunch-time but its been 1 of those days where I've not had time for anything.....are there really 24 hours in a day cus I think I'm being jipped ya know!!! Anyway I have a hubby who has chicken pox according to our nice doc today....just lovely & I have children who need fed so I'm gonna TRY & keep this short.
Stokie Shell if you are reading sweetie I havn't forgot to ring you sweetie I will ring you later as long as my 14 year old son keeps off the phone to his girlfriend long enough lol.
Anyway onto my card PFP have a challenge set by my lovely boss Emma & the theme is Lavender, Lace & Pearls. The lace & pearls are easy peasy however I'm not really a lavender-lilacy-purply kinda gal.....BUT I really enjoyed doing this card & I have even used 1 of my new stamps hubby got me about a month ago.. woo-hoo. Here is my card..........
Here is 'Purple Comfort' by the super talented ching-chou kuik.....I absolutely love this artist!!!! Isn't she soooo pretty & I love the puddy-tats. She is of course coloured with Promarkers.

It is of course an easel card.......I bet you thought I forgotten about the lace & pearls....way-not-likely, they are the important parts lol. I am really pleased with how this card has turned out & I'm gonna seek out some more lilac paper as this was my only 2 sheets lol & I think I will be making more lilac creations. OH NO I've got to shop for paper.....but a gals gotta do wat she gotta do.....he he hee. I'm sure I will survive an hour or 2/3 on the net shopping lol.

I got my 'Amour' stamp which I hadn't got around to using til now, I pressed it onto Versamark Watermark stamp pad & randomly stamped onto lilac card. I sprinkled on embossing powder & applied my heat gun & voila this is the result....I LOVE it!!!


This is the remainder of the card, I also stamped it onto off white card & used black embossing powder & then cut out the tag using my Magnolia Doo Hickey die & inked the edges with 'Milled Lavender' distress ink. I had some lace in my stash tied it into a bow then attached a string of pearls which I got from my jewellery craft stash. Oh notice the stitching my darling hubby brought me a sewing machine this morning so I just HAD to use it lol. It was on a sale actually for 69.99 down from 139.99....bargain & you can buy it from here

This is to try show the sparkle.

List of materials used.......
Paper is Websters Pages ' Lullaby Lane & Life's Portrait', 30 mm Lilac Mulberry Curly Rose, 20mm Lilac Rose, Lilac Cherry Blossom & Pearl Bead Spray are all available at Crafty Emma's Store she also has the new 35mm Gardenia's in her shop now which are gorgeous!!!!!
Everything else is from my stash.

Well thats about it I hope you like my card. I also want to thank peeps for leaving me comments regarding a printer. I have decided to stick with my Epsom even though for some reason I have to run a clean on it way too often, the quality is still good & the ink is sooo cheap off the net.....so why replace it??? Thankyou every1 for the advice I really appreciate it.
Well off to link up now maybe I will be back later but no promises lol.
Thanks for stopping by & sending you all hugs for leaving the lovely comments you leave, you are all the best!!!!

Loads huggles Vicky xxx

The short bit didn't work did it??? lol I did however stop mid-way & got tea sorted so they are happy, its cake & custard for after mmmmmI luuurrrvvveee cake!!!!
EDITED TO ADD THE LINKS FOR THE RUBBER STAMPS USED -
 'Purple Comfort' - Crafts & Me


Challenges I'm Entering......
http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Lavender, Lace & Pearls
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Recipe.....2 Cherry Blossoms & 2 lilac roses


37 comments:

Doreen said...

This is soooo gorgeous Vicky I love all the details you have added.Thanks for sharing with us at SPS this week.xxx

Emma said...

So beautiful hun, gorgeous layout and details...just so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Powerful Search Engine said...

WOWEE YOU ARE SO CLEVER!!! I totally adore this Vicky I am speechless x I hope things get better at your end I know what you mean about hours in a day. Lots of hugs Pascale

Debs said...

Totally gorgeous - love the heat embossing.
Have a fab evening.
Hope hubby gets well soon.
Take care
Debs xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Vicky, what a gorgeous easel card as always. Love the beautiful image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

There's another one of your great cards. Really lovely Vicky.
Greetz, Frea

Heidi said...

Wow... this is stunning Vicky!
Wonderful colours, image, and details. Beautiful:)
Have a nice evening!
Hugs, Heidi:)

Debbie said...

Oh so pretty!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

angelwhispers said...

I really have missed my blog whilst away!!! Love the short post!!!!lol

The crd is just gorgeous loving the colour and boy so pretty.

Hope things are ok at your end well apart from the chicken pox!! Love Chanelle xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Vicky....its stunning hun, just love everything about it :o)
Hope you enjoyed your cake!! lol
hugs and xxx

Lorraine said...

oh wow this is stunning i love the heat embossing it looks gorgeous xx

Julie said...

Hey Vicky - this is so gorgeous!!! Fab colouring especially of her hair!! Thanks for joining us again at PFP! Juliexx

Lizzy said...

WOWZERS hunny this is absolutely stunning,such a gorgeous image & so beautifully coloured too.
Luv the lush dp's,flowers & lace & the little added extras too...luv it!

xx Lizzy xx :)

Andie's Space said...

Hi Vicky,
Another total stunner! Those papers are gorgeous & your image is fab. There is a wealth of fabulous detail. I love it! What a great hubbie you've got buying a sewing machine like that!Hope you're keeping well.
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Anne said...

I love the details and colors, its so beautiful!

Debs said...

Beautiful Vicky..another fabulous card :0)thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwww Vicky this is so beautiful, I love the design and colours and the image is gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

denny said...

wow wow wow vick hiya me ducks lol this is beautiful hun love the colours that image is stunning love the layout sparkle emblies love it! hugs denny xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

denny said...

sent you a email hun let me no if you get it i sent you one sat reply from your emial doesnt sound like you got it though so check ya emials incase its gone as spam hun xxxx

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card Vicky. Love the design of your card and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Hello Missus, no worries about the phone call you just sort ya family out babe, sounds as though you need an extra 10 hours or more a day lololol...
This card is just gorgeous I just love all the extra little touches you always add to your cards! Love it hun!!
hugs Stokie xx

Angie said...

Hi vicky what a pretty card the flower petals look like the end of her dress i love it
Hugs Angie x

Riet said...

So wonderful card Vicky,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

coops said...

fantastic card vicky.the image is absolutely stunning and really gorgeous colours and papers.i love your amazing embellies and attention to detail :D

xx coops xx

tiggertastic said...

WOW this is STUNNING!!!!!!!!

my fav colour for a start lol, and pearls well what more can a girl wish for. this is a keepsake hun it really is amazing

Sarah x

Meesh said...

Hiya Vicky,
Just popping by to take a look at your latest offerings. Yeah... they're all fantastic... as usual. You're just TOO CLEVER!

Meesh. xxxx

denny said...

ops its easier to write her to ya rather than go log on to aol your post on my blog made me pmp you mad woman ya make me laff everytime ha ha ty for the coment hun omg ive colured those bloody peaches green ha ha ha thought they were apples on well they under ripe ha ha ha thats my excuse and im sticking to it ha ha ha i got a tatto around me bellu button to i no i hat ethat dreded chair to hun worse of all its a back molar so its goin be a pig i shall kick her in the foof if she hurts me lol ha ha xxxxx

Faye said...

Hello my delish little pot noodle. Eeuw, chicken pox on adults is nasty. Chicken pox on a bloke, ouch! I feel your pain. And yep, someone keeps stealing my hours too, why do they want them, they're mine! Anyway, love, love, love this card. Totally LUSH. xxx

Heidi said...

Hi vicky, love the card and your embossing is delish, hugs heidix

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Stunning card, thanks for sharing at SPS. x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Ayup missus hope you & yours are all ok! I know I've already commented on this card, but, but theres sumfin on my blog for ya hunnie
huge hugs stokie xx

CraftyC said...

Woe Vicky, what a gorgeous card. She's beautiful. So sorry I've not replied to your email. This is the first night I've spent on my laptop as mojo not up to much but promise to email you soon.
Hope your are OK and send cyber hugs
Clairexx

Val said...

Vicky - this is so beautiful I love these stamps. Beautiful embossing as well.

However, I find it almost impossible to colour them properly.

Hugs
Valxx

Stephanie said...

Wonderful easel card. Your embellishments are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

ooohhhh Vick!!!
So gorgeous...very elegant!!!
thanks for joinin us at SPS!!!

Cathy Spicer said...

Lovely card - great details. Thanks for playing at OSC. What a GREAT image (I'm a cat-a-holic). :o)

crafty amy said...

ya sweetie sorry have been away from your blog so long will be back in the next few days for a proper catch up I promise :D
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx