My Lovely Friends

Friday, 22 April 2011

Sweet Pea Stampers DT Card.............Recycle...

Good morning all my lovely friends sorry I've been MIA all yesterday I will catch up with you all today tho I promise....I've missed ya!!
Onto my card which is of course my Sweet Pea Stampers card & this fortnight we thought we would do our bit trying to save Mother Earth............RECYCLE  is the challenge this time.
Now I'm gonna try do the least amount of babble cus this is photo heavy......you will see why tho & I had great fun making this.........I'm surprised my brain could think of so much....
This I made for a friend who is having a rough time at the mo.

This is 'Courage' by Karen Middleton which of course you can get here.
The tulle flower I made myself & added a button to the centre.

I coloured this image with distress inks. The gold clasp is a jewellery box catch.

Which opens to a nice verse. I got a free colouring image from Ching-Chou Kuik's website (you are not allowed to sell anything that contains these images) & then lightened it in my photo doo daa & then typed a verse over the top of it. If you enlarge it you should be able to see better.

Yes its an easel card. I've made the usual tag to write your own message.
My recycled bit was an empty roll of DSST I always keep them cus, well you just never know. This one I used to attach a round gift box to the card. I made a bottom & then a lid. I also stamped part of the image on the lid & heat embossed it with copper.

I'm going to make an angel charm to put inside as she loves angels. I've lined the bottom with a small doily.
& sprinkled glitter on. IRL it has a gorgeous sparkle.

Of course I had to accomodate the thickness of the box so altered the folds & added an extra one, I used 12x12 card to make the card.
Papers are a mix of Prima & Websters. The large flower & the 2 white longish ones are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The doilies I got from Ebay the larger one I stamped & distressed. The papers were distressed & inked & I also added faux stitching. The stamp is from Sweet Pea Stamps. Everything else on the card is from my stash.
Well thats it from me thank you soooo much for stopping by please pop over to here to see my teamies creations, they all have the wow factor. Look forward to seeing your bit for mother earth this fortnight.
Right I'm off to try start my catching up.
See ya soonies mmwah xoxoxoxoxo
Challenges I'm Entering.....
http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Wings (wings are on the child)
http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Lots Of Layers (def got lots of those lol)
http://inasweetpeadreamchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Fave Colour (love to see browns on cards)




27 comments:

xx Lizzy xx said...

WOW what a stunning creation hun....luv everything about it it's fabulous :D

xx Lizzy xx :)

Crafty Chris said...

OMG where did the week go it doesnt seem like a week since I commented on your last one, this is so special your friend will love it, have a great weekend.
Chris x

Janette said...

Oh wow Vicky, this is simply amazing, worth all the work I am sure you put into it...so love it.xxx

Congrats on your little win too.xx

heidy said...

Oh Vicky this is breathtaking,so gorgeous!!
Happy Easter sweetie!
Hugs Heidy

Debbie said...

This is such a clever idea babes. I love it! You are so talented!

ellabella said...

Wow Vicky....this is totally GORGEOUS!!!!!
Your coloring is phenomenal and the elements on your card are extraordinarily stunning.

Happy Easter!!! Big Hugs!!! Janine

Frea said...

Hi Vicky, a wonderful project hun, I felt the image is really touching, it brought tears to my eyes. Hugs, Frea

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh hunni this is totally amazing... it has blown my mind!!!!! wow!!!!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

so, so GORGEOUS!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

your card is gorgeous vicky, like the soft colors you have used.
and the image is beautiful.

greetings karin

angelwhispers said...

Wow Vicky you have really made a fantastic card here!! The design is just awesome and love the papers and images it just Stunning!!!!!

What a lucky girl your friend is!!

Have a great weekend and I hope you are feeling a bit better Lots of Love Chanelle xxxx

Riet said...

So gorgeous Vicky,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Wow Vicky, it's a work of art!!
Your friend will love it :)
It's wonderful. I just love the gold clasp!!
Mel. xx

Doreen said...

This is simply stunning Vicky,I really must get that stamp.xxx

tiggertastic said...

oh my lord - someone pick me up of the floor - hunny this has got to be the best thing i have seen you even make - so much detail and so much care has been taken to make this - i don't know where you get the ideas from. your colouring with distress inks is also stunning - you are so talented hunny

sarah x

cardmaking bird said...

Absolutely beautiful. It's obvious that alot of time, thought and work has gone into it. And such a beautiful sentiment behind it. You're a brilliant friend, Vicky and anyone would be proud to be one of yours. Hugs, Marie xx

Chrissy said...

OH!! MY WORD...This is just gorgeous...the colourings are beautiful..all the details..wow!! I love it.I dont know what a DSST is..but who cares..this is wonderful..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Debs said...

WOW WOW WOW - this is totally stunning Vicky and is sure to be treasured.
Have a fabby Easter hun with lots of chocolate :-)
Take care
{{Debs}}

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

WOW what a stunning creation....great.....

Hugs
Judith

Teri said...

Totally, awe-inspiringly awesome hun! Love it all, every bit!
btw - what is DSST?? Me a thickie. . .!!

Heidi said...

This is absolutely marvellous darling, love this image in fact i love it so much i am typing fast to let you know how good this card/gift is and then i am going to go and buy it. hugs heidi x

Emma said...

Wow so stunning hun...just love it!!
Hugs Emma x

xxxtglxxx said...

This is just amazing! Packed full of fabulous and gorgeous details, your friend will truly love it and treasure it. :)

Gorgeous soft colours and a great image (never seen this one before)... Beautiful.

hugs

xxalisonxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantasia as usual Hunni, your friend will love it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

cebelica said...

Wowers, this is absolutely stunning!!!

KymKreates said...

This project is just fabulous!! I love it!

Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT