My Lovely Friends

Monday, 4 April 2011

I Know You're There.................


Good evening my lovely friends hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Apart from extreme pain with my kidney I had a fabulous one I have the most wonderful kids & hubby wouldn't let me even make a cuppa all day & he cooked us Swiss Steak for tea.....oooohhh it was yum!!!
Anyway I've managed to make a quickish card tonight thanks to a fab sketch & a fam image & then to top it off I've gone my fave theme....

Yes mono with a splash of red I just love this look. The image is actually a digi image by Leanne Ellis which you can get here. I'm having a huge sort out of all my rubber stamps its took me 4 hours just to do my Sugar Nellies......I got fed up then lol......so onto my Hanglars tomorrow....

She is coloured with Copics & I've basically used
C0 C1 C3 C5 C7
W0 W2 W3 W5 W7...... Usually I will either go cool or warm but I like the look of mixing them.


Inside is decorated to compliment the front of course.
Papers are 8x8 'Paris Nights' by G.C.D which are from Crafty Emma's as is the stamens & the scalloped card..
The lace & the red & black roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Black, red & white card are from my stash also the metal corner & the black flower buds.
The wavy edge on the paper & card was done with my CC paper cutter. Not sure where the sentiment is from but I will check I do know its a digi download that I printed off then inked the edge with weathered wood & vintage photo distress ink.

Well thats it from me I'm off to come & see as many of you as I can.
Thank you sooooo much for all your lovely comments you really do make me smile mmwah. Can I also welcome all of my new followers, sending each of you huge hugs & thank you for following me you rock!!!
Challenges I'm Entering......

Tatty Bye xoxoxox



28 comments:

xx Lizzy xx said...

Hi hunni! glad you had a fabby Mothers Day ...apart from the pain :( I had a wonderful day too ...my boys spoilt me rotten..bless!

Stunning card from you once again shug...luv the lush colour combo & the flowers set it off perfectly.

xx Lizzy xx :)

Doreen said...

This is just stunning Vicky,I am so glad you got nicely spoilt for Mothers day.xxx

Teri said...

Oh dear - sorry to hear of your pains. Hope it isn't serious. . .plenty of water hun!!
This is a gorgeous project, even though I'm not a keen fan of those images. Love the black/white +red splash, very classic!
Hope all is well with the little one now - how are those scratches shaping up?
Take care,
Teri xx

Gibmiss said...

hi vicky
Gorgeous...what a work of art.....stunning...hope you feel better soon....
hugs
sylvie
xx

cardmaking bird said...

Sorry to hear of your pain, hope it's better soon, sending you healing hugs and kisses xx This is a beautiful card, you've done the colouring on the image just perfectly - wish I could do that!! Hugs, Marie xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Vicky hun :)

I too love black/white and red! This is just so breathtaking! So much to look at, and just gorgeous embellies. Very stylish.

I didnt know you could get Leanne Ellis on digi! Gonna have to get this I think ;)

Hope you are feeling a little better yourself today, and I am so excited to be on the same DT blog as you! :D

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mina said...

wow Vicky that colouring is just wow girl...if thats a quickish one theres no hope for the rest of us lol
Mina xxx

meeshka said...

HELLOOOOOO! LOL!
Firstly, I hope you're feeling better soon me lovely! Sounds right painful :( Secondly, sorry I haven't been around, but you must be used to that by now... and thirdly What a stunning card! LOVE it! Really lovely job with the subtle colouring :)

I'm going to have a look at your other posts now... XXXX

Mandy said...

Hi Vicki,
Sorry I've not been by for a few days,few family problems yet again...I love the splash of red with the black and white,beautiful card...I hope Natalie's first day back at school went well for her...Take care..Oh forgot to say sorry you've not felt to good as well...
Mandy x

Chrissy said...

WOWSER!!! My goodness girl...this is FABULOUS.I adore the colouring...great image too.

Get stuck into the cranby juice, as much as you can drink, hold on to it as long as you can.. then go...Cans of asparagus are good too.
Take care my lovely,
Luv CHRISSYxx

Squirrel x said...

Oh my goodness hun, this is simply stunning = you have the monochrome colourwork nailed, this is classy, love it! Hugs, Sxx PS. What is Swiss Steak?

Loopylou. said...

morning sweetie! oh this is beautiful hun, i love a mono vicky card! love the image on this one too. hope you're feeling better soon hun and send hugs to natalie for me too, did she get back to school yet hun? hugs Louxxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow vicky this is gorgeous.
i'ts a very elegant and chic card and stamp.

greetings karin

Jayne said...

Wow thats beautiful, love the simple colours :-)

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Vicky,
Sorry your in pain :((
Sending you hugs xx
Love your card, wow cool image!!
Just brilliant!
Mel. xx

Heidi said...

Beautiful card!
Very elegant:)
Sorry to hear about your pain Vicky. Hope you're feeling better now. The rainy and grey weather here makes my arthritis
bad. My body is not feeling good at the time. But I manage. Have to take it easy, but hopefully it will get better soon:)
Take care sweetie.
Hugs, Heidi

coops said...

stunning card vicky.love the black and white coloured image and fabulous colours and details :D

xx coops xx

angelwhispers said...

Love it Vicky but then I love Leanne Ellis design they just have that special something!!!

Love the colours with just the added red its wonderful!!

Love Chanelle xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi sweetie. Sorry you have been in pain, I don't know how you cope with everything. How is Nat now? I hope her scratches are healing and it didn't frighten her too much. Your card is gorgeous yet again and it would take me days to try and produce something like this. Note the word TRY!!!! Everything goes together perfectly.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Tracey T said...

You are definitely the Queen of Mono! Hope you're feeling better today. Big hugs, Tracey xx

Angie said...

Hi Vicky wonderful card love the colours. Glad your lot spoilt you on Sunday, lucky girl having a fella who can cook, if mine cooked we would be having beans on toast.. UMMMM my favourite..lol.
Take care
hugs Angie x

Dianne said...

Stunning! Love the touch of red.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Vicky.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorraine said...

this is so beautiful and i am so pleased you had a great weekend you so deserve to be treated xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

just gorgeous :)

ellabella said...

Vicky I love your card! This stamp is super sweet and you coloured it perfectly and the papers are so pretty...
Big Hugs,Janine

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Vicky this is stunning I so love that image also the colours you have chosen work beautifully the embellishments are just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Michele said...

Oh such a beautiful card Vicky!!!!! Hugs Michele x