My Lovely Friends

Saturday, 28 August 2010

My Autumn Whiff Of Joy

Good evening crafters how are you this evening. I have been rather busy this week making a few creations, my 1st I will post tonight & I will post the others over the weekend.
Before I get on with this post dont forget to check out Crafty Emma's New Challenge Blog tomorrow, its kick off day starting at 8am with the 1st challenge & also winners of the candy Emma put up will also be drawn....... Candy & a New Challenge....what gets better!!!!
Right onto this post....this week over at PFP  the challenge is set by Debs, she has chosen a sketch for this challenge

There is also a Theme added to it which is 'Autumn Colours'
While I was not feeling too good in the week I did some colouring.....its soooo therapeutic!!!
I decided to use a WOJ image that I had coloured, I have had for so long (well since March) she was 1 of my 1st stamps & she has been neglected lately......shame on me!!
Anyway here is my card....
 
This is 'Musing Melinda' she & the mushroom she is sat on are from WOJ, I masked Melinda up to place the mushroom beneath her.....I've had the mushroom a few months & its took me til now to actually use it!!
She is coloured in Promarkers & has Diamond Stickles on her wings & Copper Stickles for her jewellery.

Here is a close-up of the top left corner. The flowers are from Wild Orchids. The leaves & flat flower in the middle were punched out using a Woodware punch. The gems are MME but I cant remember the name, sorry!! The strip that goes through the middle is a Marth Stewart punch & underneath is a layer of 'Sissal Ribbon' from Bunny Zoe. The small orange flowers were also inked with Tea Dye distress ink.

You can actually see the Sissal Ribbon better in this pic. The butterfly is from my Tonic punch. All the punched out pieces were sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer 'Red Firefly' 1st & then sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer 'Sunlight Mist' while the firefly was still wet then as I'm somewhat inpatient dried them with my heatgun. The butterfly was also sprayed with CC Spray & Shine when the shimmer had dried & it also has 2 MME gems added to the body.
This 1 is to try show the dimension of it all. The paper I've used is Basic Grey 'Porcelain' I love this paper & thought the colours suited the Autumn them beautifully. All of the papers have been inked with Distress Inks & then distressed with my little distressy tool. The inks I've used are 'Tea Dye', 'Rusty Hinge' & 'Bundled Sage'
I really enjoyed doing this card I was just totally at ease, I had nothing planned except the image & the paper pad but didn't quite know which papers to use but everything just flowed together, easily & naturally lol. I love those sort of crafting sessions & this sketch was FAB to work with I will be using this 1 again for sure.
Well thats it peeps I'm off to link this up before I have a quick shower then bed. I will be back tomorrow with my DT card, hope you can pop back tomorrow & we would love to see you over at CES Challenge Blog, come & join in the fun......ay why not bring your friends I'll even pop the kettle on, there is nothing like a cyber cuppa lol.
Nitey nite peeps thank you sooo much for stopping by it means a lot & I luuurrrvvvee to know what you think of my creations, good or bad I dont mind!!!

Lotsa big hugs to you all
Vicky xxx

http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Sketch & Autumn Colours
http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.com/ - Vintage (I hope distressed edges count)


15 comments:

Bettina said...

This is beautiful! How do you do with the pros to get that wonderful shadings? hugs bettina

Emma said...

Oh wow such a stunning card hun, I love the colours and beautiful details.
Thanks for joining us at PFP / CYDA and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Vicky, what a beautiful card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. The papers and embellishments are perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Julie said...

Stunning card Vicky!! Fabulous image and colours!! And so many gorgeous design elements to look at!! Love it! Hugs, Juliexx

jackiescrafts said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, a fab image and a great lay out and colours
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this week

Jackie x

Loopylou!! said...

oh vicky, this one is just a very bit gorgeous too hun!!!! hugs Lou xx

Michele said...

Such a beautiful card Vicky. Love the colouring of the image and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Lovely image, so sweet! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA and Alphabet Challenges xx

Anja's KortKreasjoner said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love your colourng and the cute image. Beautiful details. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs, Anja

Andie's Space said...

Hi Vicky,
Love the distressed, vintage look, it is perfect for an autumnal theme. There is so much fab detail here, I love it! Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Dazie said...

This is absolutely stunning, the detail is amazing I love it!

Thanks for joining us at CYDA
dazie
x

Debs said...

such a sweet card..love the papers and embellie's youve used...thanks for joining us at PFP this week...Debs x

Joni Parker said...

Wow!!! This is sooo pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge!!

Mina said...

wow Vicky you have used her brilliantly, great idea with the toadstool...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at CYDA.
Carol Ann xx